Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

CB shootout report:

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
I think Al just called you out lol
Old Aug 14, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn even took the side mirrors off.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the runs Curt! That thing is a beast

It was fun waking up at the motel every morning to this:

Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Curt, I think you qualify for the quickest/fastest street driven EVO. Very proud to be a part of the build and to have the honor of tuning it. The car is amazing, you are an amazing driver.

People have to understand how fast this really is. They also need to see you show up driving it with the car absolutely packed to the roof with tires/wheels/fuel/tools/jack etc. Watch you change the wheels/tires in the pits, run 9.3 at 150+, then change it all back over and drive 4 hours home.

Just out of curiousity, how was the fuel mileage on that tune on your way home?

One of the best moments of the weekend was seeing Curt pull up by us, stop and start pulling tons of stuff out of the car. Two slicks in the back and two in the truck. Not too many 9 sec cars get driven to a track.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sccavee
One of the best moments of the weekend was seeing Curt pull up by us, stop and start pulling tons of stuff out of the car. Two slicks in the back and two in the truck. Not too many 9 sec cars get driven to a track.
That is impressive to say the least.

Curt be careful you can suck up a cat with that ram horn on your intake side .
Old Aug 14, 2006, 03:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Kick *** Curt! I would have to say that you do have the fastest street driven EVO. After all you did drive it to the track and then drove it 400+ miles home. Last time I checked you didn't need to have rear seats to drive around on the street. And I bet if you put that exhaust and headlight back on your car would have ONLY ran a 9.4x@14x ....yet again still making you the fastest street driven EVO.

Keith
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Kick *** Curt! I would have to say that you do have the fastest street driven EVO. After all you did drive it to the track and then drove it 400+ miles home. Last time I checked you didn't need to have rear seats to drive around on the street. And I bet if you put that exhaust and headlight back on your car would have ONLY ran a 9.4x@14x ....yet again still making you the fastest street driven EVO.

Keith
Well said !

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD that what impresses the heck out of me about Mr. Brown is that (irrespective of if his car is going that fast in street trim or what ever trim) its STILL a LOT faster than either my Evo or the TT evo which impressses the heck out of me. No matter how else you look at it he is going faster with a smaller turbo and without NOS and his engine is lasting and working great - KUDOS to Mr. Brown and Buschur.

Hopefully Mr. Brown will be able to make the event and help us defeat the Subarus

I am looking forward BTW to finally racing your STI if its running yet at the race on the 26th !

Also - it will be nice to run against the TT Evo if its there as well ?

See you then

Last edited by DynoFlash; Aug 14, 2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The fuel mileage is in intelligent tuning and driving. Curt actually has a vacuum gauge in the car and attempts to keep the car in vacuum on the road so there is little or no load. If the car is tuned for both fuel and timing down low at cruise speeds there is no reason for any EVO not to get extremely good mileage. It is normal for a modified EVO to get better mileage than it did stock, IF tuned properly and IF the driver drives it easy.

Great job again Curt.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 04:31 PM
Account Disabled

I wanted to say one more point about Mr. Brown's car, the guy is a very detail orientated individual and he knows a LOT about race car prep.

I spent several hours looking at various details on how his car is set up and all the things he does to it to make it so fast - some of them obvious and some more hidden. I LEARNED A LOT of ideas and its great to have a chace to too at a car like that and adsiorb some of the concepts.

Between that car and the Black Buschur car it was a virtual graduate course in DSM drag tech.

It was good to be there to watch all this stuff go down.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like the english town race should be fun, i think i may make plans to attend.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I am looking forward BTW to finally racing your STI if its running yet at the race on the 26th !

Also - it will be nice to run against the TT Evo if its there as well ?

See you then

We are trying to get the STI ready for the 26th. We are going to do our best to have it ready to run. Our Evo will be there as well. We are looking forward to the Event. We had a great time last year and hopefully this year will be even better. Just remember Al...if you race Big Valley again, no sleeping at the tree!

Keith
Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRE
Timeslips

Link to the timeslips.
Congrats & excellent driving. If you look at his time slips, you will see a run of 9.613 with an amazing 1.402 60' & if you look at his 9.341 run it only has a 1.442 60'. If he only had the 1.402 60' on the 9.341 run he would have run a very low 9 sec or may have even broke the 8's. I am sure that he can break the 8's with this same set up with a cooler temps & much lower 60'.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
We are trying to get the STI ready for the 26th. We are going to do our best to have it ready to run. Our Evo will be there as well. We are looking forward to the Event. We had a great time last year and hopefully this year will be even better. Just remember Al...if you race Big Valley again, no sleeping at the tree!

Keith
I tell you its real hard for me to imagine how hard that Big Valley Team driver Rollie nails that launch on that 6 speed subaru trans - he is one fast shifter and he moves OUT off the tree.

I am looking foward to the event also my main goal is to try to do what you guys already did last year - go 9's on a radial street tire.

I am hoping your suby is ready its a sharp looking car.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRE
Still 30+ mpg. Shootout was a blast this year, we stayed four days, hung out at Buschur's, drank some beer and the best part is it drove home with no problems!
30+ to a gallon and driving it home after 9 second passes... that is HOT
Me next please... congrats Curt you car was AWSOME for sure .

Quick Reply: CB shootout report: