Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AMS vs BUSCHUR who wins?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It speaks very highly of both shops that I have not heard a bad word about either. Although people have preferences I have not heard a bit of name calling or flaming. We are lucky to have two shops like this serving the Evo community.

I myself have Buschur parts on my car.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

to be honest you really cant go wrong w/ either one.....im running buschurs parts
Old Aug 15, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Whichever shop is closer to you?

They are both great shops!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It just a bunch of parts together. I can put a $15k in an evo in parts and not make over 350whp! Its when you make all the parts work together by tuning them that you will see whp.

http://www.xs-engineering.com/compan...=choosingtuner

Pieced Together Cars
Because the Internet can provide a wealth of information on any subject, it makes for a good place to learn about modifying cars. Many people piece together their cars by reading about parts on the internet. And while internet forums can be great centers of information, that can also be the source of a great deal of misinformation. If data on a particular part isn't attained through scientific means, that data cannot be trusted to be accurate.

XS Engineering and several other tuners around the country use professional equipment to examine the performance attributes of parts and therefore, are able to scientifically discover which parts work and which parts don't work so well. If you are looking for the MAXIMUM amount of performance from your car, we would strongly suggest sticking to one tuner for ALL of your parts. Experienced tuners, who benefit from knowledge gained through years of testing and tuning, know which combinations of parts or modifications work with eachother and which do not. When people come to us for tuning, we often have to tell customers to change parts for ones that better suit their goals. The money that customers thought they saved by buying parts from the internet, now have to be spent on re-buying the proper parts. Think of the engine like a symphony. If one or two instruments are off key, the symphony just won't sound right. It's the same thing with an engine: if one or two parts aren't working in harmony with everything else, the engine as a whole will not perform to its potential. In our experience, cars put together at home or by amateur shops will not make as much power as one whose parts are selected and put together by experienced tuners.

By- Xs Engineering

I agree %100 with their idea of it. Go to the place who's sticker looks best on your car! (JK) Either way they both are great companies and VividRacing is proud to be in a industry with great companies like these. We should all be happy we have companies to choose from vs having none and having to do every thing by ourselfs! Best of luck!

Evan M Smith
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both are outstanding companies.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Just flip a coin. Either is the right answer.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

this opinion should be taken with a grain of salt considering that he is sponsered by buschur. But both are very good tuners and both have proven to the evo community there hard work and dedication to the evo so you can't go wrong with either one.
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well, you can't go wrong with AMS or Buschur overall, but people are ignoring the actual question.

If you look at the STAGES, then AMS's are out of order. Doing an FMIC before cams doesn't make much sense, as well as a few other things. Therefore, Buschur's stages are superior because of the parts combination + order, imo.