Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Fella's my car's been Violated.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fella's my car's been Violated.

Last night at about 3 am some stinking theif tried to steal my new spoiler. I just had it replaced because of the peeling clear coat. They installed the new evo IX spoiler ,with new paint. I heard a bang outside the house in the garage area , then i hear a car accelerate away, when i go out side i didn't see much of anything. Low and behold when morning comes around i go to re-inspect the car and i find that the f***ers tried to pull the spoiler off the trunk. While pulling the spoiler cracked on the bottom side, and they also pulled so hard it bent the side of my trunk. I cant' beleive it. I never though this would happen to me. I never take my car out to clubs, or leave it in places where i can't see it, and wham!! i get hit in my own damn house. It's truly unbelievable what some people are capable of doing. these guys had to have been real geniuses to try and pull a spoiler off that bolted to a car's trunk. I mean when the mitsu techs went to replace my old spoiler they had a hard enough time pulling it off with the bolts taken off, imagine with the bolts tightened down. I posted some pics of the damage so you guys can see. And fella's beware, theives are everywhere, and they'll hit you even in your own home. It's truly dispicable...
Attached Thumbnails Fella's my car's been Violated.-wing1.jpg   Fella's my car's been Violated.-wing2.jpg   Fella's my car's been Violated.-wing3.jpg   Fella's my car's been Violated.-wing4.jpg  
Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Someone probably bench pressed your spoiler. Might have just been some vandals, not someone trying to steal it.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

so it was parked in garage and they got in or you had it parked outside?

That's some fawked up **** btw
Old Aug 14, 2006, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by f-dub
Someone probably bench pressed your spoiler. Might have just been some vandals, not someone trying to steal it.
I think vandals woulda just Chuck Norris karate chopped it.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

that's why I have a 12 gauge O_o. Sorry about your loss man. Time to go wingless Cf trunk?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:00 PM

Sorry to hear about your spoiler. I hate vandals. My girl's car got hit by vandals (spray painted one side of the car) just last month and I spent $110 to get it fixed
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SiCKlEyWiKeD
so it was parked in garage and they got in or you had it parked outside?

That's some fawked up **** btw
Here in pueto rico most " garages" are outside. The car is on my land, but it's outside. There is a small steel gate in front of it, but other than that it's in open air.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by f-dub
Honestly i assumed thay where trying to steal it, but when it cracked they left it for dead...It still sucks, cuz i dont think CF can be repaired, only replaced..
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Sucks man.... don't worry those thieves will go to hell for this
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

OH man thats nutz, people suck most of the time, well at least the decklid damage is not too bad and can be repaired but the spoiler is umm well.......sorry for your loss man and i hope those punks get whats coming to them
Old Aug 14, 2006, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

file a comp claim with your insurance... get a check in the mail... buy a carbon fiber lid... rest easy knowing you dont have a wing to get messed up... still sucks tho esp caus you just got it fixed
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evrblazin
file a comp claim with your insurance... get a check in the mail... buy a carbon fiber lid... rest easy knowing you dont have a wing to get messed up... still sucks tho esp caus you just got it fixed
I will be filing a claim with the insurance company tomorrow. I've been giving serious thought to going wingless. If i do i will more than liekly get an RS trunk or just get the trunk fixed so it has no holes, and get repainted. It would really suck to get a new spoiler and have it get jacked up again. and besides i think wingless looks pretty kool. It's another step toward being a little more unique. Here's a pic of what looked like when they were changing the original wing. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Fella's my car's been Violated.-nospoil.jpg  
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

looks good wingless imo. Just use the insurance money to buy you a carbon fiber trunk now!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Is it me or does anyone see this "trend" happening too often lately. It seems as if every day there is a new thread like this, It's getting out of hand. What the hell is it that is going through people's heads that they have to destroy other's property? I'm paranoid to hell now that when I get mine it's going to be in the garage all the time. This is just rediculous.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

What do you guys think?

My opinion... take the ins. check and buy these...

http://lancershop.com/customer/produ...&cat=71&page=1
http://lancershop.com/customer/produ...&cat=71&page=1