Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

happy or not??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
happy or not??

today while i was walking to my car i seen 2 people next to my car doing something, so i got really paranoid since someone keyd my car last week. i started walking faster to see wtf was going on and when i got near there it was a girl and a guy, the guy was posing and leaning all over my car and the girl was taking pictures. they left after they took pictures so luckily it wasnt a bad intention. i actually felt kinda good after i found out somebody actually want to take a picture next to my car but at the same time having a stranger leaning and touching my car is a no no. has anything like this ever happen to you guys?
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o man they would get a foot in the mouth
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

when i had my evo i had all kinds of crazy stuff like that happen...at the mall, out to eat, everywhere........but now theres so many evos around my area i think people just dont pay attention to them as much....but when they first came to the u.s. every around here was making a big deal of it
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:26 PM
mot
Evolved Member

haha thats so weird like taking pictures near it
id feel bad for him
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Tru when i got my 03.. i would have people all over my car and me asking about the car... but EvoisDream is right, i would get all pissed when people leaned on my car or if they took pics. They dont need pics of MY evo or MY liscense # u know. I seen too many paint scratches from people with jeans leaning with thier backside on good pait!!!

Last edited by PhoenixEvo; Aug 16, 2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoisdream
o man they would get a foot in the mouth
i agree
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ohh..I hate that...A guy ask me last week while I was walking in the grocery store at like 11:00pm " hey man...you put alot of money into your car?" I said yea which was obviously stupid of me ...but, its not like he couldn't tell I spent a enough on my car already he was probably 19 or so...I was waiting for him and 5 guy to come out of nowhere and beat the crap out of me and steal me car....I'm just not comfortable with people hanging around my car unless I'm going to be there...I'm glad you had a good incident...
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

well i felt like a bad ace when i pulled up to the HIN VIP autofashion in anehiem last year...these 2 guys jumped out into the middle of the street and had a camera and said "oh ****, its an evo" and they started taking pics of my car. then a few people in line pulled out cameras and snapped off a few shots. i felt pretty embarassed. then when i came outside to leave the show there was a group of about five guys all taking pic's next to my car.
It was all stock at the time too.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

YOu should of charged them for the pics
Old Aug 16, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Something similar happened to me a while back.

I was walking out of the PetSmart and this guy asked me if I would take a picture of him standing next to my car, and then in it.

He gave me this sob story that he was recently divorced and was broke as a joke, and just wanted it to look like he just got a new car.

Bad lie, especially considering you could probably see the parking lot in the photo....
Old Aug 16, 2006, 07:03 PM

I'd be like, "This is my car, can I leave now?" LOL
Old Aug 16, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This happened to me once when I went up in the mountains for a picnic. I came to check on my car and I see this man and his 7 year old son next to my car. The son was standing next to my EVO but not touching it. I let them know it was my car and didnt mind the kid taking photos as long as he didnt touch it...
Old Aug 17, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Request a copy of the pics. that is all.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:16 AM

piitb if they want pictures?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Be flattered, but not happy. Here are some weird stories of mine that popped in my head after reading this thread:

I remember my car got soda spewed all over it two weeks ago, so after I washed it when I saw it that morning, I've been paranoid ever since. I remember when I was drunk off my ***, I saw two people standing next to it, and from the distance, I yelled out "WHO THE F**K IS THAT STANDING NEXT TO MY CAR?" So I ran up on them, but realized it was two girls who I know who just happened to park next to my car and were just chilling.

Also once, this couple was in front of my car, and the guy was motorboating his girl. It was weird walking to my car.