Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why Mitsubishi, Why?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2002, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uhhh lets see....

way i see it is... the only reason why mitsubishi is doing this is...because they can... why else would they do it? because they can... if you guys are going to talk about the atom bomb then...uhhh...why did hitler create the concentration camps and stuff? well...because he had the power to do so....and the way i see it... mitsubishi is doing this...because they can.............. depressing but true...
Old Feb 28, 2002, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Turbo442
its not always bad...

Jap Supra = 280 hp US Supra = 320 hp
Jap 300ZTT = 280 hp US 300ZTT = 300hp
Jap 3000VR4 = 280 hp US 3000VR4 = 320 hp
I think the japanese version makes about the same or around
the same as the US versions... just that they all "claim" to only
have 280hp... something to do with some agreeement with
the japanese govt...
Old Feb 28, 2002, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

It amazes me how ignorant some people can be. First of all its not like Mitsubishi can just say hey some people in the states want this car so lets just send em' on over! Think about it, there is a big difference between what can be on the road in the states and what is in Japan. If anyone should be whining to anyone about these cars not being in the states then direct your attention to your government and its laws. Sure I think the U.S. is way to strict on alot of things but does anyone know where this comes from? Its from people whining about stupid ****! Lets make laws for this and that Whaa!. For those of you that live in the states, and have never lived anywhere else, theres a whole different world out there. Everything doesn't evolve around the U.S. and what it wants. Besides, How many people on this board can actually afford to buy an Evo anyway? I seem to remember most of the people who posted their age in that other thread were pretty young, in college, or even high school. So WTF are you complaining about if you can't get one. You just want to be able to see one drive by and say wow thats cool wish I had one? This isn't directed at everyone just the few who seem to not have manners. I'm not a mean person but sometimes you see those things that just **** you off and you can't help it. And by the way the use of the word JAP's so freely in this thread as well as others bothers me and I am sorry to see it on such a nice forum. Racial slurs should not be a part of this place. Wheres the moderator on that one?
Old Feb 28, 2002, 08:19 PM

Originally posted by JT-KGY

I think the japanese version makes about the same or around
the same as the US versions... just that they all "claim" to only
have 280hp... something to do with some agreeement with
the japanese govt...
Actually, the JDM SupraTT does in fact make less HP and torque than the ones that were exported. The turbos on the Japanese model are different than the ones that were offered in other parts of the world. So in that instance, the Japanese buyers got the shaft.
Old Feb 28, 2002, 08:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

To tell you the truth I think Mitsubishi did the right thing by holding the Evos. Supply and demand is an obvious factor, marketing and target audience, and strict US regulations all play important factors, but there's another possible one that nobody mentioned. By letting Subaru go ahead and really test the waters with the WRX Mitsubishi played it sort of safe by seeing how their target audience would respond (in sales). Kinda obvious that's not an official explaination, but I think it's a reasonable idea that expands on the previous posts.

Just a thought...or two...I lost count.
Old Feb 28, 2002, 09:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

That last post ought to make me a lot of friends.
Old Feb 28, 2002, 09:48 PM

Well I agree with you Hobie... for they can come out really good with holding back the EVO from the states. But for consumers, damn I hate them for holding back. Yeah, seeing how the WRX and STi will do is pretty important for to know how they will compete, but...yeah, that's my opinion.
Old Feb 28, 2002, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, you should be really thankful that we get the EVO. As far as I know in Germany the people have it wors than we do. They get like 250 models of an evoseries that's IT. No more, it is just to give them a taste and no more. That really sucks for them and we here will get a couple more EVOs.
Old Feb 28, 2002, 11:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I bet the wait sucks. Doesn't affect me. I'd really be stretching it trying to pay for an Evo on my salary...that and I wouldn't have the time or ability to push an Evo and really play with it the way a real performance car deserves. If I had those luxuries I'd have seriously considered holding out and getting one.

As far as I'm concerned there's no reason (for me) to own a performance car that I won't have the time or place to use to its potential.
Old Feb 28, 2002, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Im think evo crazy is right on! Although i don't think by saying japs it was meant to be a slur. Probably just short hand for saying japanese people.