Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone else have their sales manager lie at time of purchase???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never EVER negotiate based on a monthly payment - EVER. Lie to them, tell them you're paying cash or you have your own financing. As a matter of fact, go GET your own financing, unless the stealership is offering 0% or really low APR. Get pre-approved for their low APR, FIRST and then negotiate.

And as I said always always negotiate the price of the CAR, not your payment. Once you have the price of the car in writing, THEN go to payments unless you bring your own financing.

The salesdroid knows you want the car - based on your age, etc. They are trained to recognize this, so try negotiating over the phone or e-mail their internet salesdroid. Negotiating in person only gives them the home field advantage.

That's just about the only way the stealership can't screw you with slimeball bullcrap like this.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 03:33 AM
Account Disabled

Yeah, thats it "Schuyler", lie to us. Yet salesmen are the jerks???? That is ignorance. Well for one thing, car salesmen arent trained. I wasn't. A good salesman just knows what to say to build up the desire for you to buy the car. A salesman is just doing his job. When you say "Whats the best price you'll give me?", we say "Whats the most you're willing to pay?" If you dont know what youre doing, 9 times out of 10 you will pay more for a car than a more experienced or educated buyer. You wanna punch your salesman, you should punch yourself in the nuts for overlooking the price of the included immobilizer. He just made $500 off of your ignorance. I love to hear all the nice things people have to say about car salesmen, when in reality, its the buyers who are the *******s. They come to the dealerships, stroke us for information, trying to get figures so they can shop around and pretty much try to pimp us for information. Or my favorite, is they have you in an office working up applications and making phone calls and bending over backwards to make a deal when the whole time, they were never serious in the first place. My favorite quote "Well I was just trying to get a figure, this is the first dealership I came to, I'd like to shop around". Thanks for wasting 4 hours of my Saturday, a$$hole!!!! Stuff this in your pipe and smoke it!!!

Last edited by TogueMonster; Sep 1, 2006 at 03:39 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TogueMonster
Yeah, thats it "Schuyler", lie to us. Yet salesmen are the jerks???? That is ignorance. Well for one thing, car salesmen arent trained. I wasn't. A good salesman just knows what to say to build up the desire for you to buy the car. A salesman is just doing his job. When you say "Whats the best price you'll give me?", we say "Whats the most you're willing to pay?" If you dont know what youre doing, 9 times out of 10 you will pay more for a car than a more experienced or educated buyer. You wanna punch your salesman, you should punch yourself in the nuts for overlooking the price of the included immobilizer. He just made $500 off of your ignorance. I love to hear all the nice things people have to say about car salesmen, when in reality, its the buyers who are the *******s. They come to the dealerships, stroke us for information, trying to get figures so they can shop around and pretty much try to pimp us for information. Or my favorite, is they have you in an office working up applications and making phone calls and bending over backwards to make a deal when the whole time, they were never serious in the first place. My favorite quote "Well I was just trying to get a figure, this is the first dealership I came to, I'd like to shop around". Thanks for wasting 4 hours of my Saturday, a$$hole!!!! Stuff this in your pipe and smoke it!!!
And ya know what? If you would have just given him a legit price and backed it up with paperwork in the first 10 minutes, you wouldn't have wasted 4 hours of your own Saturday.

Don't be a ***-guzzling sleazebag, and people won't treat you like one.