Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone else have their sales manager lie at time of purchase???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2006, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else have their sales manager lie at time of purchase???

It took me a year to figure this one out, via my window sticker. My bad, I just wanted the car so bad they could see it. They charged me an extra $31.04 a month for the anti-theft immobilizer that is INCLUDED with the car. Which equates to a total of 1800 bucks + or -. WTF. That's a set of nice coilovers. Truthfully, I can afford it but for someone to lie in front of my face is truly f'd up. I doubt I can do anything about it now but how can someone justify their income by lying to someone? F@#K cars stealsman. They will see me within the next few weeks, and if the same guy is working there he will get a piece of my fist, no joke Ontario Mitsubishi, F@#K YOU, what a joke. Thanks for the rant, peace.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

you should go back there- sparco fire extinguisher in hand
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GoneIn420
It took me a year to figure this one out, via my window sticker. My bad, I just wanted the car so bad they could see it. They charged me an extra $31.04 a month for the anti-theft immobilizer that is INCLUDED with the car. Which equates to a total of 1800 bucks + or -. WTF. That's a set of nice coilovers. Truthfully, I can afford it but for someone to lie in front of my face is truly f'd up. I doubt I can do anything about it now but how can someone justify their income by lying to someone? F@#K cars stealsman. They will see me within the next few weeks, and if the same guy is working there he will get a piece of my fist, no joke Ontario Mitsubishi, F@#K YOU, what a joke. Thanks for the rant, peace.
Live and learn dude. You should have gone over the paperwork before you bought the car. Doesn't do you much good to do it a year later.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
you should go back there- sparco fire extinguisher in hand
You must be a stealsperson.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, they told me the VIII came with a 7 year warranty and then added a two year extended warranty on at time of purchase. They also made me sign a form saying that extended warranties are not cancellable after purchase, even though the Diamondcare extended Mitsu warranties (which it was), certainly are cancellable. I was annoyed at myself for missing an extra $2k on the purchase, but I did get it removed, and I will never make that mistake again.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

The manager at Huntington Beach Mitsubishi lied to me, in a way. We had negotiated a selling price already. He spent a couple of days trying to find the best rate for me. He called back all excited about the rate he got, saying "Guess what? I found you this rate and your payments are only going to be $XXX.XX per month." Using the amortization formula I calculated that the monthly payment at that rate represented $1800 more than the purchase price we had agreed on. I called him on it. He sputtered and coughed and said that he was working "under a different pricing structure" . Looking back, I should have asked for another $1000 off the price for his sliminess or else have gone to South Coast Mitsubishi. I honestly don't trust sales managers at all. One needs to be very informed and experienced to not get screwed. I've bought enough cars in the last several years to know how the game works. But it took me getting jacked over more than once to learn from my mistakes.

Oh, and I will NOT be going to Huntington Beach Mitsubishi again if I ever buy another Evo.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Yodobashi
Live and learn dude. You should have gone over the paperwork before you bought the car. Doesn't do you much good to do it a year later.
Ok, no love from you, have you ever had someone lie to your face! That's what I was trying to get at. Peace.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GoneIn420
I caught mine on the spot. Not as bad as yours, but they added some BS "surcharge" of a few hundred $ between initial paperwork and the signing of many papers.
"Sorry sir, must have been a clerical error."

"Yeah, right..."
Good luck
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:39 PM

Be very careful with sales**** they are the absolutely scum of the earth, anything to make an extra penny. Let this be a warning to everyone else to carefully examine everything when buying a car.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

I got a good one....they told me that my APR was 0% for 60 months I was excited as hell and said yes to the deal. One week later they called me back and said that they had made a mistake and that the best rate they could get me was 4.25% I was edgy about buying the car in the first place, but when they said 0% it put my payments right where I wanted them. Then when they called me I already loved the car and did not want to give it back. I was pissed and they knew it.....a few months later that dealership went out of business.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Exciting News
I caught mine on the spot. Not as bad as yours, but they added some BS "surcharge" of a few hundred $ between initial paperwork and the signing of many papers.
"Sorry sir, must have been a clerical error."

"Yeah, right..."
Good luck

I caught them trying to sneek in $699 for gap after i clearly stated that i did not want any extra BS.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
I got a good one....they told me that my APR was 0% for 60 months I was excited as hell and said yes to the deal. One week later they called me back and said that they had made a mistake and that the best rate they could get me was 4.25% I was edgy about buying the car in the first place, but when they said 0% it put my payments right where I wanted them. Then when they called me I already loved the car and did not want to give it back. I was pissed and they knew it.....a few months later that dealership went out of business.

Man, I feel ya. The brand new dealership in Murrieta has already gone through 2 owners. Now they are a Suzuki AND Mitsubishi dealer. I have not dealt with them car sales wise and not to talk bad, but I ordered some WW touch up paint and it took almost 2 weeks. Maybe it was a fluke that it took so long for my paint, ordered from Japan, not the dealer down the street. But maybe Mitsu needs to realize that customer service is KEY, and not to hire shady dealers. When someone treats me right, I'll go back for service, Murrieta is ok but it's the little things that count. Peace.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

They tried to charge me 100 bucks for wheellocks on an MR.

They come with the price of the car.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:24 PM
Account Disabled

I don't even buy my cars from the normal salesmen anymore. It's a horrible waste of time and things like this can happen unless you take the time to painstakingly comb through pages of paperwork and, on top of that, ask questions until your throat is soar. The more money you spend, the more money the salesman makes. And even if you're in sales (office equipment for me) and understand the game they'll still try to play it with you. My advice to everybody is to search inventory online. When you find the car you like call the dealership and ask to speak to the "fleet manager". Ask him what he can do on the car you like. No matter what he says and how good the price sounds, tell him you have a few more phone calls to make but if his price is competitive he should hear from you again. Don't let them answer questions with questions. Don't listen to the BS about "we don't give quotes by phone". If you press they may end up saying something like "I've never sold a car over the phone". In that case you just say it's a shame for them because you've bought your last 2 that way. All of those things I just said to watch out for usually don't apply when you're dealing with the fleet manager though. Their compensation plan is not structured like a tier 1 type salesman. Their QB's are paid on VOLUME rather than total hard sale or percent to quota/budget. Happy hunting.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Man...dont be harsh on yourself....they do worst to the poor buyers....thats why when you buy a car intimidate them with whatever you know...i always appear as the cheapest bastard when its time to buy...hell...i would act like my grand father and i ask for free stuff...Damn it...your spendin some good $$...they should chase you and make you happy

Quick Reply: Anyone else have their sales manager lie at time of purchase???