Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

600 WHP Barrier Broken

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
600 WHP Barrier Broken

Well, Ive been meaning to finally post my results. With the help of a lot of people, ive finally reached my goal. Ive spent quite some time researching, reading, more reading, and talking to those enthusiasts who really know what they are doing. finally i have a reason to post now!!

over the past year ive slowly collected the parts for a bottom end build. nothing special, kept the 2.0 L, after market pistons and rods, 272 cams, full-race manifold, GT35R, 1000 cc injectors, and AEM EMS.

When it came time for tuning, There wasnt many people I trusted. I had my car tuned before w/ the aem, and it was a horrible experience. So on my hardest quest of the build...the several tuners I talked to didnt seem that tech savy, i wont name names, as this isnt the point of the thread, but it really gave me a false sense of security. It was then when a honda buddy of mine introduced me to a guy named Mase, a guy who is flown all over the world and known for his high horsepower monsters. So i figured if people are flying him everywhere, he must have a gift... but As busy as the guy is, he sat down and really gave me a great consultation, and from then on, i was hooked!

Anyways the results on 24 psi ->

Powerband is sick, and i have to say, i think the car drives better than it did when stock! Its very impressive for someone to take a highly modded car with injectors much bigger, and turn it into a stock like automobile. so hats off to you sir!

My POS greddy profec wouldnt go over 24 psi. but regardless, I was more than happy.

Next up, once i fix the boost controller, apparently they had a bad batch of profec b's?? but once i add my quaife LSD and a couple other things, Im going to push it a little farther on Mase's new AWD dyno!

I would also like to thank Full-race for the nice components, titan motorsports for some of the goodies as well, and not to mention, the evom classifieds, i found a lot of stuff i needed there!
Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Nice dyno graph... Looks smooth as silk. Congrats!
Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

those are some really nice numbers....especially on just 24 psi
Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't suppose its pump gas would it?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Grats but I highly doubt that was on 24PSI, would blow every GT35R record out the water if thats the case..
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

I'm Sorry this makes no sense..... how is it that you are making more power on 24 psi than strokers running 33-35 and race gas?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:25 PM

Mase must have magical powers....
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noogles
I'm Sorry this makes no sense..... how is it that you are making more power on 24 psi than strokers running 33-35 and race gas?
im no expert but i would have to say that the stroker kits cant turn the rpms as a 2.0 and they make a lot more torque but less max hp than a 2.0. who knows he may even have alky...or nitrous. but none the less its a smooth power curve and good power.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

correction factor of 10,000?
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EiEVO
im no expert but i would have to say that the stroker kits cant turn the rpms as a 2.0 and they make a lot more torque but less max hp than a 2.0. who knows he may even have alky...or nitrous. but none the less its a smooth power curve and good power.
that has nothing to due with what i'm saying.

A 2.3 stroker has 15% more displacement than a 2.0 meaning it will use 15% more air at any given level. a 2.4 has 20% more displcemant.

A 2.4 running 25 psi would be compareable to a 2.0 30psi.

Now do you understand

Alchy allows you to run a more aggressive tune on pump (more boost + timing) it doesn't magically give you more power. And tha graph is too smooth for nitrous (unless he has the smoothest progressive controller i've ever seen.

Last edited by Noogles; Aug 21, 2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Nice dyno graph... Looks smooth as silk. Congrats!
+1... but why is it so flat up top

Last edited by vwjeff; Aug 21, 2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Strokers don't make less peak power than a 2.0. I made 631 WHP on a standard 35R on C16, similar to what others have made on a 2.0. This is of course without the aid of alky injection over the race gas on which some have actually done to mislead others.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 09:59 PM

This was done on C16 Race gas. we stopped in the mid 400 range with pump, I didnt want anything too crazy with the 93.

I do not have a boost gauge in the car, only a wideband o2. Some say its retarded, but i like the gaugeless look.

The datalogs read 24ish psi. The only thing that was said about the boost levels, was that my gm 3 bar was not the most accurate map sensor in the world, but works fairly well for the price. so if that means its boosting more than that? ok, but probably not by much i would presume, and regardless im not so concerned with boost pressures, its safe and reliable, and drives excellant.

the graph i posted is the standard correction. which in all honesty, is probably more, but i know the correction factor is not more than a couple % total.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gm 3bar is not great. Why have AEM without the AEM 3.5bar medical grade precision kavlico sensor? makes no sense.

I would believe 28-29psi maybe.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:12 PM

that is what my last tuner (not mase) sold me w/ the aem... :shrug: