Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looks like no wrx vs evo shootout for me, thanks to Buschur Racing :-(

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
listen, i live in Albany, where r u from? maybe we can all get together and go find some *****es to play with.
You guys need to get laid more.

I am in the NYC area.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 10SecS4
David,

What does not having a written warranty have to do with anything? If you advertise an intercooler on the Internet and it shows up with a big *** leak, wouldn't that fall under the category of shoddy craftsmanship? How could not having a written warranty cover you for shipping out parts that were not in the condition they were promised to be in? If what you're saying is correct, then any business could sell a FMIC, ship out a pile of dog crap and say sorry "we offer no warranty on racing parts, they are for off road use only blah blah blah." It doesn't work that way. You still have an obligation to stand behind your products in accordance to how they are described or promised. That's part of your end of the contract.

Do you really think it's fair that the customer has to jump through all those hoops just to get what they paid for? You know, take the bumper back off, take the new FMIC off, put the old FMIC back on, put the bumper back on, box up the FMIC, etc? Let's say you sell one of your FMICs to a customer and install it at your shop. You charge them $699 plus the labor of installing it. Now let's say the customer gets into a fender bender and the FMIC gets banged up. Now the customer's car is back in your shop and he wants a new FMIC installed. Wouldn't you charge them labor once again since it wasn't your fault that the FMIC got damaged in the first place? Well in this case it was your fault and I think in addition to replacing the FMIC, you should give Mike some sort of future discount on parts or reimburse him for the labor he put into installing the FMIC. You get paid for your time and work, so why shouldn't he if it was your company's fault?

I haven't heard a single word from you or Jarrod on why this FMIC was leaking in the first place. You guys haven't mentioned anything about pressure testing the intercoolers before they leave your facility. Care to comment on that process?
i wouldn't say it's so extreme as this. db makes his points and he cares about his name.

the fact is however that he doesn't manufacture the cores, he has no conrtrol over the leaks. he happens to get them from garrett and apparently garrett cores from mexico have a problem with braising.

i don't know what level of leaking is ok by whatever industries's standards but the fact is what they DO have control over... testing before they produce, testing before they ship. they don't do. and that's not an "ish happens" scneario. it's something that can be improved upon.

so all you people that are bashing... give it a thought. if someone could have done something to save you a lot of time and money but didn't... is that "ish happens"??? or is it something else???

it's just a small little factor and i'm sure br as a whole would be better for it, so why not? why cause this uproar?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 10SecS4
You guys need to get laid more.

I am in the NYC area.
no the fact is, u can never get laid enough. and i mean never!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

10secS4, off-topic question out of curiosity.........are you a liberal or conservative?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:58 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
These threads grow inversely proportional to the gravity of the situation. Apparently a defective part was shipped and the customer posted here. The company immediately offered to ship another part and send a call tag for the defective one. I don't know what else one can expect.

Thread closed.