Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looks like no wrx vs evo shootout for me, thanks to Buschur Racing :-(

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i did say thanks to them, and also they do not do a pressure test with them, as when i talked to them online they said ya we will tell the guy in the back to do that for this one. so ya. and also it has nothing to do with the ups shippment the box was in good looking just when it was made somehow was mest up not pointing fingers, and mad people so mad and anger around here lol, need to learn to culm down a little in life.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 10SecS4
David,

What does not having a written warranty have to do with anything? If you advertise an intercooler on the Internet and it shows up with a big *** leak, wouldn't that fall under the category of shoddy craftsmanship? How could not having a written warranty cover you for shipping out parts that were not in the condition they were promised to be in? If what you're saying is correct, then any business could sell a FMIC, ship out a pile of dog crap and say sorry "we offer no warranty on racing parts, they are for off road use only blah blah blah." It doesn't work that way. You still have an obligation to stand behind your products in accordance to how they are described or promised. That's part of your end of the contract.

Do you really think it's fair that the customer has to jump through all those hoops just to get what they paid for? You know, take the bumper back off, take the new FMIC off, put the old FMIC back on, put the bumper back on, box up the FMIC, etc? Let's say you sell one of your FMICs to a customer and install it at your shop. You charge them $699 plus the labor of installing it. Now let's say the customer gets into a fender bender and the FMIC gets banged up. Now the customer's car is back in your shop and he wants a new FMIC installed. Wouldn't you charge them labor once again since it wasn't your fault that the FMIC got damaged in the first place? Well in this case it was your fault and I think in addition to replacing the FMIC, you should give Mike some sort of future discount on parts or reimburse him for the labor he put into installing the FMIC. You get paid for your time and work, so why shouldn't he if it was your company's fault?

I haven't heard a single word from you or Jarrod on why this FMIC was leaking in the first place. You guys haven't mentioned anything about pressure testing the intercoolers before they leave your facility. Care to comment on that process?
oh wow. Let me go first. He is standing up on the contract, read the entire thread and not the last page, another FMIC has already been sent to him.

Jump through hoops?? He installed the FMIC, it had a leak, he posted here *****ing and moaning, and defacing one of the most reputable companys here, then when Jarrod saw it, he sorted it out instantly.

How do you know it was BR's fault the FMIC had a leak? were you there when it was welded together? Shipped? INSTALLED?

Theres a hole in your logic, if he were paying BR labor on having the FMIC installed, and it had a leak, I am sure that BR would install a new one, at no hourly rate increase. This customer chose to do it himself and not have to pay labor rates. he purchased the part, why should BR pay him for his labor, at his home, on his own car?!

Lemme do this, I'll buy a nice 35R kit from AMS, then once I install it myself, I'll send them the bill for me doing it at $85 an hour.

Why hasn't Jarrod or David posted about why the FMIC is leaking? CAUSE THEY DON"T HAVE IT YET! How the hell are they gonna know whats wrong with a part that is x miles away?

As for why they don't pressure test, I can't say. Maybe its assumed that its done at the welder and they screwed up. Maybe it's because they are probably the busiest tuning shops in the country, and don't have the resources to hold everyones hand.

Maybe you can be a volunteer at BR, be the official pressure test bish.

[/flame]
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Do you really think it's fair that the customer has to jump through all those hoops just to get what they paid for? You know, take the bumper back off, take the new FMIC off, put the old FMIC back on, put the bumper back on, box up the FMIC, etc? Let's say you sell one of your FMICs to a customer and install it at your shop. You charge them $699 plus the labor of installing it. Now let's say the customer gets into a fender bender and the FMIC gets banged up. Now the customer's car is back in your shop and he wants a new FMIC installed. Wouldn't you charge them labor once again since it wasn't your fault that the FMIC got damaged in the first place? Well in this case it was your fault and I think in addition to replacing the FMIC, you should give Mike some sort of future discount on parts or reimburse him for the labor he put into installing the FMIC. You get paid for your time and work, so why shouldn't he if it was your company's fault?
Are you kidding me?!?! First of all, there are a number of ways for any part to get damaged before it reaches the customer. The fact that this FMIC leaked does not mean it was ABSOLUTELY the fault of BR. The bottom line is there was a problem with it, and BR stood behind it and replaced it with a good one. That is all you can ask of a vendor. This is the stupid sense of entitlement I was talking about before and you (10secS4) are just as guilty of it. You feel like everyone owes you something. Mike paid for a FMIC. He got one that was damaged, and the vendor replaced it with one that was good. That's what he paid for. Yeah it sucks that he went to the effort to install it before he found out it was leaking. That stuff just happens sometimes. It doesn't mean someone owes you anything!!! Mike got what he paid for which was a good FMIC. Period!!!

BR's business approach to this is straight up and no different than any other business, except that they actually do it really well and stand behind their products. But they are a business and they do what they do to make money. Sometimes stuff isn't perfect. Businesses do what they can to control the quality of their products, but they can't catch everything. In the rare case that a faulty product goes out you want a company like BR that will say, "yeah, send us the bad one and we'll send you out a new one, sorry for the inconvenience." You can't expect more than that.

Once again, good work BR! keep it up. As for you whiners......learn some f - ing gratitude.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Ole Arguments!!! gotta love em
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man every one needs to chill out, no one is here burning anyone at all, some people have there point of views and all and they say it but no need to pound on one person, and (box Rocket) you also dont knew every thing and all what had happen, 10secs4 knews more then you so i think you need to stop posting in here and making people more mad and angree then is needed. becasue you are miss leading people, so i would like you to stop your baby posting and making people angree for no resone. thank you
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:21 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mekanic
oh wow. Let me go first. He is standing up on the contract, read the entire thread and not the last page, another FMIC has already been sent to him.

Jump through hoops?? He installed the FMIC, it had a leak, he posted here *****ing and moaning, and defacing one of the most reputable companys here, then when Jarrod saw it, he sorted it out instantly.

How do you know it was BR's fault the FMIC had a leak? were you there when it was welded together? Shipped? INSTALLED?

Theres a hole in your logic, if he were paying BR labor on having the FMIC installed, and it had a leak, I am sure that BR would install a new one, at no hourly rate increase. This customer chose to do it himself and not have to pay labor rates. he purchased the part, why should BR pay him for his labor, at his home, on his own car?!

Lemme do this, I'll buy a nice 35R kit from AMS, then once I install it myself, I'll send them the bill for me doing it at $85 an hour.

Why hasn't Jarrod or David posted about why the FMIC is leaking? CAUSE THEY DON"T HAVE IT YET! How the hell are they gonna know whats wrong with a part that is x miles away?

As for why they don't pressure test, I can't say. Maybe its assumed that its done at the welder and they screwed up. Maybe it's because they are probably the busiest tuning shops in the country, and don't have the resources to hold everyones hand.

Maybe you can be a volunteer at BR, be the official pressure test bish.

[/flame]
Had I paid $1000+ for a FMIC, waited more than TWO WEEKS for it to arrive, then bust my *** installing it only to find out it has a bigass leak in the core, I too would have been pissed to find out that Buscher wanted to either hit up my credit card AGAIN or make me wait even longer by having to ship them their defective FMIC back first.

How do I know it's BR's fault? The box came in perfect condition. There was no visible damage to the intercooler either. It looked perfect until it was put on the car and Mike's car was pressure tested for leaks. Use some common sense here please. According to Mike, they don't even pressure test their intercoolers before shipping them out, telling Mike "oh we'll make sure the guy in the back pressure tests this new one before it leaves." Probably another way of cutting costs at the customer's expense. I wonder how many Buschur FMICs are in circulation right now which are leaking and the customers don't even know about it?

Your example of buying a 35R kit from AMS and asking them to pay for your labor is flawed because AMS didn't send you a defective product (at least that wasn't mentioned) which caused you do to extra labor. If you spend more labor on something due to a company's foul up, why should you not be entitled to be reimbursed for that? Is it Mike's fault now that he has to do twice the labor? No, it isn't. I bet you if Mike took Buscher to small claims court he would have a strong case for collecting on the extra labor he put into it.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:32 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Box Rocket
Are you kidding me?!?! First of all, there are a number of ways for any part to get damaged before it reaches the customer. The fact that this FMIC leaked does not mean it was ABSOLUTELY the fault of BR. The bottom line is there was a problem with it, and BR stood behind it and replaced it with a good one. That is all you can ask of a vendor. This is the stupid sense of entitlement I was talking about before and you (10secS4) are just as guilty of it. You feel like everyone owes you something. Mike paid for a FMIC. He got one that was damaged, and the vendor replaced it with one that was good. That's what he paid for. Yeah it sucks that he went to the effort to install it before he found out it was leaking. That stuff just happens sometimes. It doesn't mean someone owes you anything!!! Mike got what he paid for which was a good FMIC. Period!!!

BR's business approach to this is straight up and no different than any other business, except that they actually do it really well and stand behind their products. But they are a business and they do what they do to make money. Sometimes stuff isn't perfect. Businesses do what they can to control the quality of their products, but they can't catch everything. In the rare case that a faulty product goes out you want a company like BR that will say, "yeah, send us the bad one and we'll send you out a new one, sorry for the inconvenience." You can't expect more than that.

Once again, good work BR! keep it up. As for you whiners......learn some f - ing gratitude.
Entitlement? Is that what you call being made whole? By law, Mike is entitled to be in the same position he would have been in had he not been shipped the defective intercooler. This means having a non-leaking, new intercooler and being reimbursed for the extra labor he had to put into it due to Buscher's foul up.

If I thought he deserved special treatment like your post indicates, I would have said Buscher should just give him the FMIC for free. I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is that he's made whole. I think that's a very fair request: to put him back in the position he would have been in had he not received a damage intercooler.

Keep in mind that prior to this post it was Buschur's stance that Mike's credit card would be billed for another FMIC or he would have to first ship back the damaged FMIC before he could get the non-leaking FMIC that he had ordered more than two weeks prior to this incident! This is also what David said he would have done had it not been for Jarrod taking care of the situation first. I'm sorry, but I think that customer service just stinks; they only take care of it when posts like this are made and they fear their reputation is on the line. They should have taken care of this situation before Mike made this post. They shouldn't do it now just because Mike made this post. If Mr. Buscher thinks people are out to get him and to rip his business off, then he should do a better job at quality control by pressure testing each and every intercooler before it leaves their facility. If Mike's paying good money for the FMIC kit (around $1000 with the piping IIRC), then I think that should include a simple pressure test before it leaves. It's called getting what you pay for or as you would call it, "entitlement."
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 10SecS4
Keep in mind that prior to this post it was Buschur's stance that Mike's credit card would be billed for another FMIC or he would have to first ship back the damaged FMIC before he could get the non-leaking FMIC that he had ordered more than two weeks prior to this incident! This is also what David said he would have done had it not been for Jarrod taking care of the situation first.
I'm sorry, but am I the only one that reads this and says "DURRRRR"!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

Please tell me where I'm wrong if you disagree.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Did you just register today to argue in this thread?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:42 AM
Account Disabled

No.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:43 AM

This post is the reason he will get the FMIC in time for his tune.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ultimateone
Did you just register today to argue in this thread?
it would apear so by the post count..

Its called watching your own ***.

How does BR know that that FIC is faulty untill they see it, or you pony up the deposit to verify that it is indeed bad, and you want it recified.

Otherwise I could go order an FMIC, call BR, tell them it had a leak, post on here and cry, get them to send me a new one, and then laugh as I sell the 2nd FREE FMIC, since I was completely full of crap about the first being defective.

I highly doubt BR marks their stuff up enough to start doing 2 for 1 sales on FMIC's anytime soon.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

you're running your mouth an awful lot for someone that wants to run their car instead of their mouth....

taking the bumper BACK off, omg, such a hard task... dude, that's part of life! if you don't want to do it, than don't mod your car! get over it already!

and of course he's goign to charge him, that's totally irrelevant! it's not BR's fault the dude smack up his car or someone hit him. Your not talking apples to apples here! And I'm sure BR did give mike something, probably overnighted him a new IC and they are paying for the shipping back. Does Audi give you something because you need to take your car back for warranty work when it breaks? NO!

did it ever occur to you that they have not received the front mount back yet and haven't been able to inspect the situation?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

Those UPS buffons must play basketball with some of these boxes
Just think of the opening scene in "Ace Ventura". Its my personal favorite.

Ace Ventura: HDS, sir, and how are you this afternoon? All righty, then. I have a package for you.
Man: Sounds broken.
Ace Ventura: Most likely, sir. I'll bet it was something nice, though.

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; Aug 23, 2006 at 11:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Looks like no wrx vs evo shootout for me, thanks to Buschur Racing :-(