Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looks like no wrx vs evo shootout for me, thanks to Buschur Racing :-(

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like no wrx vs evo shootout for me, thanks to Buschur Racing :-(

Yep, it's true, I won't be making it now because I had ordered a BR FMIC from them and not only did it take 2 weeks and 4 days to get it, but it has a huge leak right in the core! After I put it on, I pressure tested it and was amazed to hear a massive leak coming from the IC core itself. I called Buschur and they told me they'd be shipping me a new one in time for the shootout. Now they call me back today to tell me not only has the new FMIC not been shipped, but that I will either need to purchase another FMIC from them or ship them back my old one first. This means I won't be able to make the shootout being that it's already Tuesday. I'm so upset because I can't imagine how Buschur could sell such an expensive FMIC and not at least pressure test it first before shipping it out. I paid all that money, waited so long to get it, and now all I have is an intercooler with a big *** leak in it. I'm so not happy right now. :-(
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn bro. that sucks. i hope it gets resolved. i can understand buschur not wanting someone to walk with two of their products though. why not just send them extra money for a deposit and have them send you a new one, then send them theirs and request the deposit be given back?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
damn bro. that sucks. i hope it gets resolved. i can understand buschur not wanting someone to walk with two of their products though. why not just send them extra money for a deposit and have them send you a new one, then send them theirs and request the deposit be given back?

well i work hard for my money and dont have 700 or so laying around to do a depost for them, becasue they want full price of it for them to send it out.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:10 AM

Thumbs down

yea i think this is a bunch of cockadoodledoo...me and mike took 3 hours putting this intercooler kit in ..not only that it costed him over 1000$ bones but it took awhile to get ..now he cant go to the shoot out ..hes tryin to break the stock motor stock turbo record..i guess he cant thanks to bushler

Last edited by real fast; Aug 22, 2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by real fast
what a mess

you can say that again and again
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

What FMIC are you running now? might as well use whatever you have.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

tell them you will exchange them at the shootout. It's up to them to make this right.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Ultimateone
What FMIC are you running now? might as well use whatever you have.
What he said!!!
Just put the stocker back on if you have it.
Much as it's nice to have that big sexy IC, for those 12 secs. down the strip you won't suffer heat soak with the stock IC.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KOEvo
tell them you will exchange them at the shootout. It's up to them to make this right.
Thats also a great idea. Btw no worries. I doubt you'll be beating curt browns stock turbo record anyhow. no offense lol
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikesevo8
What he said!!!
Just put the stocker back on if you have it.
Much as it's nice to have that big sexy IC, for those 12 secs. down the strip you won't suffer heat soak with the stock IC.

humm not to be rude but the fmic does help a big amount can hold boost now and does not get that heat soaking, also dont have stock fmic.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

bummer, sorry to hear that man good luck trying to get a new one.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
Thats also a great idea. Btw no worries. I doubt you'll be beating curt browns stock turbo record anyhow. no offense lol

why do you say that, curt brown has a build motor i have stock motor and all, never open just cams, im going for stock turbo and stock motor recore, which is what? and dont have doutes on me not nice.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by KOEvo

This is the easiest solution. Just exchange your intercooler with a new one at the shootout. You wont need to pay for a new one or ship the old one back. Then you can throw the new intercooler on and run at the track. Easy fix.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeStUdO
This is the easiest solution. Just exchange your intercooler with a new one at the shootout. You wont need to pay for a new one or ship the old one back. Then you can throw the new intercooler on and run at the track. Easy fix.

o so then i need to bring tools, take off bumper warry about getting the car back to good also hope no leacks, then i guess i will luch 200lb of tools so i can do a leck down test too, humm anyone willing to bring a traller of tools to help me lol.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good luck beating scott at ttpengineering... i believe he is the fastest with stock turbo/block.

Quick Reply: Looks like no wrx vs evo shootout for me, thanks to Buschur Racing :-(