Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Porsche 911 Turbo v Carrera GT v Mitsubishi Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty good read. That launch they describe seems reasonable, coming from an engineer. I to am wondering if anybody has tried this also? It does seem like it would do the clutch good and add some safe control without frying the clutch. Unlike launching at 5500rpm and dumping.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverevo9
Pretty good read. That launch they describe seems reasonable, coming from an engineer. I to am wondering if anybody has tried this also? It does seem like it would do the clutch good and add some safe control without frying the clutch. Unlike launching at 5500rpm and dumping.
Your reasoning is backwards.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to that to get into my parking garage... just not as drastic. I have a sharp incline i need to stop at while I wait for the gate to open. I put on the ebrake give the car some gas and let the clutch engage. When the door is open i drop the ebrake the car flys up
Old Sep 12, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've actually learned to launch my car with the E-brake and I must admit all of my launches are always so consistently good. Give it a shot and try for yourself. p.s. don't burn the clutch too long and it will greatly help if you have a 2 step. Simply put the car in 1st gear, ease the clutch until it's bearly grabbing, move the car forward to your desired spot. Keep your feet still in this position and stop at the line you desire with the E-brake. HOld it firmly. for me I simply press the gas all the way and 2 step it at 6,000 rpms. I build 12 pounds of boost in this position. When it's time to go I let go of the e-brake and the clutch at the same time. I ease the clutch a little bit. but mostly let it go. My gas is already on the floor so I just hold the steering wheel and hold on. It rips nice out of the hole. Adam from Devo Tunning used this technique to make that 8 second pass, so does a few other people that run consistent 1.6 60 foots.