Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So who flipped their MR on Rte 78 this morning?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^? The amount of stories regarding wrecked and totaled evo's on this site doesnt at all make you think that the bulk of the owners who crash them were doing something that wasnt such a bright idea on public roads?

I'm no angel but I know what to and what not to do on public roads, just by the sheer number of reports on this forum regarding all the smashed up evo's makes me angry/upset that people can be so naive/ballsy to try the **** they do. Sorry if I came off like a jerk, just the people crashing these cars make me wonder.

Scorke
Old Aug 27, 2006, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

route 78 and 24 suck.. i hate driving there. a lot of crazy drivers, trucks and potholes. hope the evo driver is ok
Old Aug 27, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scorke is merely pointing out the obvious fact that it is highly more likely that this driver lost control of the vehicle during an act of stupidity and overconfidence in his driving than some other factor.

Unless this flipped evo was equipped with something like airjacks that deployed at speeds, there aren't too many scenarios that can account for it being spotted wheels up. I've had tires blow out, and that isn't nearly enough to get a car to flip, so keep looking for excuses fellas.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
namecalling... 3 days

Last edited by timzcat; Aug 27, 2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
Yeah, it's not like maybe something ran out in the road or the driver got cut off...no way you could flip a car going 80 on the highway in the wet weather like that....

I don't know what happened, but I'm just simply pointing out the fact that Scorke is an idiot.

Edit: And I don't want to hear it about doing 80 in the wet either, at 80 mph yesterday on I-78 coming back from E-town I was getting passed by all sorts of cars, the typical flow of traffic even in the wet was 75-80mph.
agree with you. he was probably going 80+ and made a sudden lane change or tried to avoid a bump/some thing on the road. i was on 78 two days ago and a trunk blew a tire right in front of me. everyone switched lanes b/c the tire landed in the middle lane
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I don't know what happened, but I'm just simply pointing out the fact that Scorke is an idiot.
Jeeez man did I **** in your cherios at some point? In my very first post in this thread I said either somebody else caused it or impromper driving on behalf of the owner of the car caused the accident, I don't see what your problem with that assumption is?

Scorke
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by 144mph
Scorke is merely pointing out the obvious fact that it is highly more likely that this driver lost control of the vehicle during an act of stupidity and overconfidence in his driving than some other factor.

Unless this flipped evo was equipped with something like airjacks that deployed at speeds, there aren't too many scenarios that can account for it being spotted wheels up. I've had tires blow out, and that isn't nearly enough to get a car to flip, so keep looking for excuses fellas.
Exactly. I have to agree with you and scorke here.

He could've been driving like a granny....but do you really think that's how he ended up on his roof?

Come on.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

udging by the fact that he was driving an EVO it tends to sway mine and I would think everybodies belief that it was from stupid driving
Direct quote from you. You bring absolutely nothing to this community except for your non-stop negative comments about EVERYONE. Someone probably just totalled their pride and joy, and you're making comments about how the guy was driving like an idiot. 99% of the people here drive like idiots, probably yourself included, **** happens man.

I hope the driver is ok, flipping a car is never fun.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Negative commments about everyone? I have lots of positive things to say about folks like AMS, Buschur, MalibuJack, TedB, Curt Brown, JonK and all sorts of other members of the forum, you just happen to be tightly associated with a couple parties here on evom that I happen to have negative experinces with......

Scorke
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:27 AM
mot
Evolved Member

instigating...3 days

Last edited by timzcat; Aug 27, 2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

I met JonK in person before I knew anything about him or what he did or does, I know AMS through him and there involvment with him and the results they have achieved, all the others I know/like becuase of the relevant and correct information and testing that they post up on these boards and I appreciate the fact that they do things for our coumminty that they are not compensated for and I appreciate it, if thats *** kissing, bring some more *** on these boards, I could do with some 2.3 vs 2.4l comparisons....

Scorke
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Scorke: Anything could have happened including him drivin like an idiot I was simply pointing out that the roads were wet on the way to E-Town yesterday. Of course wet roads dont flip cars but they could certinly aid in it if a sudden jerk of the wheel or idiot driving was present as well
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

No one was hurt and that is what matters.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

x1000000

Scorke
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

All that matters IS that the driver is okay. (and the wing, )

4tune8, you quoted him out of context. If you had quoted him properly, that statement is perfectly true.

Whether or not it was someone's "pride and joy," Scorke is correct...The first thing I thought when I read it was driver error, especially with TWO evos also on the shoulder. Yes, there is a possibility that another driver caused it, but the reality is, like Scorke said, more Evos are wrecked from driver error than outside forces.