Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wow car is much faster now , but still not 100 %

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow car is much faster now , but still not 100 %

Well i replaced my throttle body seals , got them from MachV great shop by the way. Car had major power loss issues so i did a boost leak test and found a loud hissing sound coming from the tb area, so i replaced them and now its air tight . Holds boost no problem , only thing that leaks is my bleeder valve on the hallman MBC ,Which i beleive is supposed to at 21 psi ? I also replaced my plugs with br7es gappped at .024 and put a fresh tank of 91 oct in . I fixed my lines so now the tial BOV has its own line coming off the intake manifold. And all the routing on the MBC is correct. So i would say the car runs about 60-70 % better than before , it idles fine and holds boost great . But for my mods i still dont feel im running at the cars full potential . Car pulls great now only thing is when im at 5,800- 6,000 rpms seem to climb a little slow. You think its the hallman , bad wastegate ? etc ? whats the weak link ?
Old Aug 27, 2006, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry not to answer your question, but was repalcing the seals difficult? I believe I need to do it myself.

However I think your best bet would just be to get it on a dyno or to the track and post up your whp/torque numbers or trap speeds, and that would help everyone here gauge if the car is performing at its full potential.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mooreboost
Sorry not to answer your question, but was repalcing the seals difficult? I believe I need to do it myself.

However I think your best bet would just be to get it on a dyno or to the track and post up your whp/torque numbers or trap speeds, and that would help everyone here gauge if the car is performing at its full potential.
After driving the car more it does feel 100 % it must have been the vegas heat yesterday ...
No replacing the seals was easy , the most diffucult part of the process is getting the old seals out and getting the new ones in man what a PITA . But other than that its really easy . PM if you have any questions