Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Warning: Do not buy stuff from TrinaBabe!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silk
Im surprised TrinaBabe hasnt said anything to say in response
I'm not that surprised. Out of all my efforts I can't even get a phone call. I think that shows he is just trying to wipe his hands clean from this situation. Note: I've seen him logged on to Evom.net but he's ignoring me and this post because I left a message yesturday so it's not like he doesn't know whats going on here on the forums.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
namecalling...

Last edited by timzcat; Aug 28, 2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:16 PM

I'm sorry if this looks like a ban wagon post to talk **** about Tim. It is not my intention. If I had pm'ed you with some questions and want a phone call to resolve what we can do about the sell, then I think I deserve that. Four day's and no reply and he's been online because I've seen him logged in. Yes, things get damage through shipping but if you've seen the pictures is a sad packing job. If you were a seller do you expect the package to make it to its location in working condition. The top of the hanger is bent to side and the top of the intercooler is pushed in. Fins are crushed but if you think I'm still unreasonable then feel free to say so. It's an open thread and I'm open to comments myself but as of now I have a damaged intercooler and $550 bucks locked down and no intercooler in my car. It's not like I'm not will to work anything out.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:31 PM

And for the record, this is the first time I've delt with Tim. I too was on that group buy for those FQ400 wheels that went sour. Luckly, my credit card company side my side on the matter. I remember that post going bad and it became locked, further I also remember people siding the vendor and giving him the benefit of the doubt because he had all these issues but who is really backing up the buyer here. He never contact the people who bought thoses wheels. I didn't ship this intercooler and I didn't leave insurance out of the shippment. $500 insurance through USPS is just under 6 bucks. I don't think we can just blame the courier because there is neglect with packing. People have agreed after looking at the pictures that it was a shotty job. It's not like I don't have evidence of neglect here. I'm just trying to work something out but this is ridiculous.

Last edited by 58177; Aug 28, 2006 at 01:33 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:43 PM

Thanks dzuest, and for Fourdoor please if you feel there are things out of line in this thread please let me know. I'm sorry if it seems to be a flamming thread this is not my intentions but it's obvious that alot of people here want to keep this forum straight and get all the bad sales out.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok well I wasnt aware this thread was here so this is what happened. I read the first two pages of crap and didnt bother with the rest as I see no point.

First of all, yes I sold 58177 the intercooler. Yes I packaged it up myself. I asked 58177 if he wished to pay shipping. He declined so I went with the best I could to get it to him quickly and with enough options to ensure Paypal would cover anything if I got screwed. I hate selling things on the internet when I dont know anything about the people buying and this kinda crap is why.

About me not responding.... I have at least 5 PMs after he recieved the package. Not 2.

Secondly, about me not shipping it with insurance... Im very sorry.. I went to the post office and told them I was selling something on the internet through Paypal and told them to do what they normally do to protect me as the seller. Guess that doesnt include insurance. Again, Im sorry.

Third, I did tell you I WOULD FIX the intercooler FOR FREE. I have all the PMs saved if you wish me to post them I would be happy to do. You declined, instead you told me you would give me $50 and send it back. Personally.... with the $100 of money ($50 to send it back and $50 to me) you could EASILY get ANY place to "fix" it (Or bend a damned tab and use a screw driver to make the one pipe perfectly round again). You dont want the intercooler for whatever reason it may be but it isn't because it is so terribly damaged.

So please, let me know why you didnt send it back to me for me to fix it FREE if you are so concerned. Why dont you take that $100 and bring it a tig welder and have him remake you the one "bent" bracket and weld on a brand new tube? $100 will cover it at any place around here... I assume it is the same there.

So tell me... what is so ridiculous? The fact that your pissed off because you need to do some work to fix it? I mean really....

Lastly, about me not responding as quickly as you would like. I have a bunch of PMs I have responded to you about plausible solutions that you dont like. Im sorry if you dont like them. Im also sorry if I dont have the time to call or write to someone twice a day but believe it or not you are not the only person that I dedicate time to.

Now, as to your "solution" you want to come up with. Once again, I will fix it FREE of charge if you wish to send it to me with a return label. Otherwise, considering you already explained how you are willing to spend $100 and not even keep the intercooler why dont you bring your $100 to a welder and have them fix it... guess what... now you spent $100 but you HAVE an intercooler. Option C, take some pliers and, with very basic motor skills, you should be able to bend the one tab back in place and use a screw driver or any tool that fits inside the pipe and bend it back into shape. Option C lets you KEEP the $100 and KEEP the intercooler. These options, I would have thought, were pretty straight forward and reasonable. Im sorry that I did not pay for insurance... not that I am defending myself (I dont feel I have any need to) but it isnt exactly like you were willing to pay for the shipping moreless the insurance moreless even bothering to ask if it was. In fact, you made sure it had a tracking number but said nothing about insurance... if I am being negligent than apparently you are just as much at fault. I hope this clears things up for everyone and yourself.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

The more I read this post the more angry I get.... Not only are you "bashing" me but you are bashing people trying to keep it clean.

The Insurance:

I assumed there was insurance on the package. I was wrong. I dont have time to sit in post offices and read up on all thier little packages you can send items with... I told them what I needed which was to ensure I could not get screwed by a buyer when using Paypal and I needed a tracking number. The total was $48... I assumed at that price it obviously had insurance.

My bad communication:

I responded to you the same day you informed me of a problem. I also responded right after I talked with the post office the first time. I responded to you directly after I talked with them the second time. I responded to you about the first possible solutions. I responded to you about the second set of possible solutions. How is this bad communication?

Me not "taking care of you":

I told you I would fix the intercooler for free. You declined. I told you I would accept the intercooler back as long as there was no more damage done to it than in the pictures and I would need some sort of a reimbursement on my side. You declined at first, the responded with giving me $50 back (What I paid for the shipping)... so let me get this straight. I sold an intercooler, shipped it out and then got the same intercooler back a week later and would have to repair it.... Im not a "shop".. Im not a "vendor"... Im a normal person that sold something... it left here in perfect condition. I mean what do you honestly want? Explain to me why you cant fix it yourself for free? Explain to me why you dont want someone else to fix it for free? Explain to me why you are willing to spend $100 to simply lose the intercooler when you could use the $100 to have it "professionally" fixed? You could resell the damned thing if your SOO concerned about it after fixing it and go buy another one. Personally it sounds like you decided you dont want that intercooler for a completely seperate reason... perhaps you saw on Ebay you can buy cheap chinese kits for $150... who knows why but there is obviously alot more going on than what you care to explain. I think I made my point pretty clear. If you still have any concerns please feel free to PM me or write on a public board on how horrible I am... doesnt bother me a bit and I will respond (Like I have been every single damned day). Next time try to give me a heads up so it doesnt have to take 4 pages of crap before I can explain what happened.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SaOrlando
...if you slur this guys name all over here, he may not want to help you. sit down, relax
Take this advice next time you think about doing something stupid like this.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:51 PM

I'm glad Tim has responded. I personally have nothing to hide and have all the emails. I've emailed you five times and have asked nicely to call me since you seem to not respond with emails. The deal was $550 shipped and believe me I still have the email so say what you want Tim. Shipping is not my deal since the deal is finalized. You were quick enough to except the cash, and yet you state here it's not responsiblility because I didn't pay more for shipping. If you as the seller felt that shipping this out isn't worth your time because my offer isn't good enough then don't except it. Sell it to someone else. You've seem to be very on top of things when you sold the thing but why couldn't you just give me 5 minutes of your time to work something thing out. If you think what has happened here is justified because in some form or matter I should have paid more then your worng. I did request for a refund and said I'm willing to ship it back to you out of my pocket. It costed you almost $50 to ship to me and you said it was expensive. Well I'm I supposed to know that. I gave you options too. Don't make it sound like I didn't. You did offer to fix it but in that same email you said you wouldn't refund some of the money. What the hell is that? Someone please tell me my intercooler is worth $550 because I want to sell it back to Tim. If you would have called me for 5 minutes instead of two lame *** emails of ya I got a claim and I can fix it for you and send it back but I won't refund any money, how would you all feel about that? I would have probably be more understanding if you would have talked to me like you wanted to work something out, like sell the intercooler for what it's worth now or even go with the offer that I had originally posted in this thread. Tim, don't side step the fact that you haven't even tried to work with me other than take my money and run. If it wasn't for your girlfriend that I got on the phone the other day I'd probably would have never received a second message from you which was identically to the last one. You stated you made a claim well good for you but what have you've done for me. I have your damage intercooler and have spent $550 bucks for it. There is no way in hell this intercooler is worth that much Tim. If you don't want to take any kind of responsiblilty with the packaging then expect others to do the same to you. It's not until this thread came out that I am actually getting a response from you Tim. Where the hell have you've been, why is it I've seen you online and yet you don't answer my pm's. So don't tell me you haven't been around. Your accusations mean nothing right now I have the pictures and the emails. All you have are O I didn't even know what is going on. Ask anybody who I've had purchased stuff before and asked them if they know me as what you describe. On your part since this thread is out I've had some people here tell me what your character is. Like I said this didn't not have to be drown out scwabble on the forums. If you had just called and work things out it'll be fine. I know your answering machine well " Hi you've reached Tim and Trina!" Do you ever check your messages, I know you do because you checked them when you sold the intercooler. If you want to fix things then sure I'll be open to it, but you weren't open to it before and your not going to be open to it now.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 02:52 PM
Admin Alumni

Well, FWIW, I am not sure I would buy from this seller just based upon the photos and the lack of knowledge of shipping procedures (i.e. insurance; just 'do what you normally do to protect the shipper'). If you don't know, find out and get it right before you start to sell stuff. As for the buyer, get a grip. You were offered remedies, but none seem to your liking. There seemed to be a number of simple fixes, including just sending the darn thing back. So you had a bad experience with this guy. Was it really necessary to post a topic like this (Warning, don't buy)? He did not disappear, he did not run off with your money. Check the Northeast forums if you want to see what bad sellers are really like. You have put a tarnish on his reputation because you seem to be very hard to please. It would be great if the Mods could just close this whole topic, because it seems if this is much ado about nothing.

Edit: I said 'Mods..close the thread'. Revised to above as this thread actually is informative to new guys.

Last edited by SASD209; Aug 28, 2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 58177
I'm sorry if this looks like a ban wagon post to talk **** about Tim. It is not my intention. If I had pm'ed you with some questions and want a phone call to resolve what we can do about the sell, then I think I deserve that. Four day's and no reply and he's been online because I've seen him logged in. Yes, things get damage through shipping but if you've seen the pictures is a sad packing job. If you were a seller do you expect the package to make it to its location in working condition. The top of the hanger is bent to side and the top of the intercooler is pushed in. Fins are crushed but if you think I'm still unreasonable then feel free to say so. It's an open thread and I'm open to comments myself but as of now I have a damaged intercooler and $550 bucks locked down and no intercooler in my car. It's not like I'm not will to work anything out.
None of your posts have been edited or deleted by me, and I have no problem with the thread in principle. I have no problem with you at all..... but some of the other people in the thread have been over the top. YOU never called anyone any names, or advocated wrecking his car like some people in this thread did.... that is the kind of crap that got me ticked off.

It is my personal view that I would straiten out the brakets and upper IC pipe conection and install the intercooler being happy that it will be fully functional, much better than stock, and much cheaper than new. That is just what I would do and I don't expect or demand other people to do the same as I would. If Tim was able to get some compensation for the damage from the insurance I would expect to recieve that $$$ if I had not caused any trouble with paypal over the issue.

Keith

Last edited by Fourdoor; Aug 28, 2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:01 PM

You stated I denied your offer of fixing it. hahah ok let me go fix your car and see if it is still worth blue book. What about what I emailed you. If you didin't like my second offer then at least let me know. This is what you want this to be, we can fix it like adults or you can keep the money and leave this thing you call an intercooler at my house but nevertheless, you've only responded back to me because this thread is now open.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

I did not disappear and I think it is in the open now on that one. I did give you three options on how to handle this. Sorry that I didnt get insurance on it, instead I assumed and just like the saying goes, Assumption is the mother all ... ups. But then again... I dont think USPS is going to pay $550 for $50 of damage and even if they did I wouldnt exactly wait 6 months to get it.

And about me not responding promptly... come on... Since you like to make it seem as if Im a vendor. Do you think they would have been in the office on Saturday or Sunday? I suppose most everyone must disappear every single weekend. I actually responded to you on the weekend so right there I get a bonus point.

And as for you warning the whole world about how bad I am at selling things, keep going at it because oh boy.... my plan of selling the hundreds of items just got shot down because you, big number 58177 told the world. Good luck in all your future endevours in life. I hope you never have to deal with such a shady individual like myself ever again. Im sorry I only responded once to twice a day instead of the three times like you most certainly deserve.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
None of your posts have been edited or deleted by me, and I have no problem with the thread in principle. I think it is a lack of comunication and Tim may be to blame for that. I have no problem with you at all..... but some of the other people in the thread have been over the top. YOU never called anyone any names, or advocated wrecking his car like some people in this thread did.... that is the kind of crap that got me ticked off.

It is my personal view that I would straiten out the brakets and upper IC pipe conection and install the intercooler being happy that it will be fully functional, much better than stock, and much cheaper than new. That is just what I would do and I don't expect or demand other people to do the same as I would. If Tim was able to get some compensation for the damage from the insurance I would expect to recieve that $$$ if I had not caused any trouble with paypal over the issue.

Keith
Thank-you Fourdoor, like I said before this was not meant to flame Tim but his reluctantness to contact me is what set me off. After receiving his second email which got no where, I at lest wanted some kind of comfort in a fast resolve. As long as everyone understands at the end of the day I don't have a $550 intercooler and only now Tim is responding.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 58177
And for the record, this is the first time I've delt with Tim. I too was on that group buy for those FQ400 wheels that went sour. Luckly, my credit card company side my side on the matter. I remember that post going bad and it became locked, further I also remember people siding the vendor and giving him the benefit of the doubt because he had all these issues but who is really backing up the buyer here. He never contact the people who bought thoses wheels. I didn't ship this intercooler and I didn't leave insurance out of the shippment. $500 insurance through USPS is just under 6 bucks. I don't think we can just blame the courier because there is neglect with packing. People have agreed after looking at the pictures that it was a shotty job. It's not like I don't have evidence of neglect here. I'm just trying to work something out but this is ridiculous.
My only disagreement with you is about the packaging issue. Simply put, that was a GOOD packageing job compared to many vendors here. It is pretty comon to wrap an intercooler core in cardboard to protect the fins and slap a shipping lable on it instead of using a box and packing materials.

Unless you are going to pay for a wood or plastic crate to ship something in (more expensive in material AND in shipping cost) a shipping company will have no problems destroying your package. Some of them take great pleasure in trying to destroy packages. I think Tims only real mistake was not putting a soup can over the upper and lower IC pipe connections, and that is a trick I heard about after seeing another thread similar to this going after a vendor on the site.

Keith

Quick Reply: Warning: Do not buy stuff from TrinaBabe!!!!!!