Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Warning: Do not buy stuff from TrinaBabe!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning: Do not buy stuff from TrinaBabe!!!!!!

I bought the Buscher deluxe intercooler from Tim, aka Trinababe for $550. He stated it was in perfect condition no bent fins. In all honestly, the intercooler probably was in perfect condition but when he sent the intercooler it was in a very poor package. The box was not large enought to fit the intercooler. The intercooler hanger was sticking straight out of the box. You can see there is a buolge on the top where the hanger is sticking out of the box. He simply had some cardboard warped around the hanger and taped the **** out of the top of the box. Inside the box the intercooler still had the lower IC pipe still attached to the intercooler. When you look at my pics the lower pipe should of been detached so there is more room in the box to fit everything. The pipe on the left side of the intercooler was sitting right next to the side of the box with no kind of protection. Two pieces of foam at the top and bottom is what was place to protect the intercooler and because of this the intercooler was crushed throu shipping. The hanger got bent to the side and the top of the intercooler caved in bending a bunch of fins. The left pipe of the intercooler was crushed in. I've recieved the intercooler on Thursday opended it at night after work. I pm'd him Thursday night, recieved a pm Friday afternoon. He tells me he talked to USPS and they told him the shipper needs to prove the damage was from shipping and not from misuse and a claim was made for the damage intercooler. It's now been three day's and I've been trying religiously to contact Tim aka TrinaBabe to disscuss what we need to do. I've tried 5 pms and 4 phone messages within the pass three day's and I've only recieved two pm responses from him. The second pm that he sent he basically states he will not except the intercooler back and money will not be refunded. Ok, I'm not unreasonable so I' pm him because he dosn't seem to answer his phone now that he has sold the intercooler. My offer to him is to take $50 deducted out of the refund and I'll send the intercooler back to him Priority service with insurance so he can take the intercooler to the Post office and speak to the Post Master about it. This way I have a $50 deducted out of my refund and $50 to ship it back to him, a total of $100 out of my pocket for an intercooler that I do not have at the end of the day. On Tim's part, he'll have the intercooler to show as evidence to the Post Master that they had crushed and he'll be able to take the intercooler to the a local shop and have the intercooler fixed. This way he'll be able to sell the intercooler for what maybe $400 bucks and still get some money from the claim. He just my get his money back in this situation. He has not responded back to me and is just simply ingnoring this situation. I don't believe I should except anything at this point. It has been his neglagence to ship the intercooler they way he shipped it and furthermore not have the package insured. Yes I'm the buyer but is it my responsibility to ship something that's worth $550 in a slop box? All I have to say to Tim aka Trinababe is I will be filing a claim myself with paypal and informing all the forums about your neglegance. You as the seller and the shipper should atleast made more effort in resolving this. You seem to be on top of things when you sold it but I see how you are when things are sold. If you'd had just simply call me and have a verbal dissussion about what we need to do to resolve this it wouldn't be like this. I am pissed, so I appologize to everyone for such a lengthy post.

Last edited by 58177; Aug 28, 2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:36 PM

Here are all the pics, there two pics where you see the lower pipe gets bent because a hole was made through the box. I pushed that opening in so you can see how perfect the shap of that opening in the box fits with the bent shape of the pipe. Please notice there are only two foam pieces to protect the intercooler and the bent fins where the hanger got bent down.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s81772.../ph//my_photos
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by 58177
Here are all the pics, there two pics where you see the lower pipe gets bent because a hole was made through the box. I pushed that opening in so you can see how perfect the shap of that opening in the box fits with the bent shape of the pipe. Please notice there are only two foam pieces to protect the intercooler and the bent fins where the hanger got bent down.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/s81772.../ph//my_photos
Holy Mayonaise Batman! That is some crappy packing job!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:49 PM

I don't know if the Admins here do anything about personal sales transactions but I'd suspend Trinababe for selling anything.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by 58177
I don't know if the Admins here do anything about personal sales transactions but I'd suspend Trinababe for selling anything.
I'm new but... ROGER THAT.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:01 AM

namecalling...
~timzcat

Last edited by timzcat; Aug 28, 2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am sorry to hear that bro. Just for future references it is better to pitch that extra $10-$20 and get it done right (proper packaging,insurance,delivery confirmation).

I have sold plenty of items, I don't hesitate spending $10-$20 more to get the item shipped in the proper size container and with the proper cushing but that is me and that is my trademark.

Whatever happens, I wish you a happy resolution with trinababe, I hoper you guys can solve the issues.

Carlos
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I am sorry to hear that bro. Just for future references it is better to pitch that extra $10-$20 and get it done right (proper packaging,insurance,delivery confirmation).

I have sold plenty of items, I don't hesitate spending $10-$20 more to get the item shipped in the proper size container and with the proper cushing but that is me and that is my trademark.

Whatever happens, I wish you a happy resolution with trinababe, I hoper you guys can solve the issues.

Carlos
Thanks and I agree it really didn't have to turn out this way. All he had to do is package it like it was $550 bucks. Sencond call me and we could discuss some kind of resolution. Dude, after a package like that he should be thankful that I want a quick resolution and I'm willing to loose $100 bucks instead of a full refund.

Last edited by timzcat; Aug 28, 2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

I heard ya bro.. I sold my Nisei IC not long ago and spent some cash sending it but when I left the UPS store I had my mind clean and I was confident the buyer was going to get the merchandise well.

This is a simple principle, just put yourself on the buyers shoes, would you want to receive something damage? I wouldn't. Lets do it right from the begining.

Carlos
Old Aug 28, 2006, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

Take a pair of pliers and bend it back out. My intercooler looked similar(not as bad) and thats what I did.

It will bend right out, just take your time with it. Go slow!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

If you wanted to complain you should NOT have included those pictures. 5 min with some pliers and the damn thing will be good as new. Hell, I have recieved items from VENDORS that were not as well packaged as that, and almost as bent up. If the seller spoke to the shipper he probably does have insurance on the item, and the pictures you took are the evidence needed to collect on the claim. If you get more than $100 back for the damages I would be shocked considering that (as stated above) 5 min with some pliers will fix it.

Keith
Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's always a gamble when you combine Poor packaging with USPS shipping. I hope you get it sorted.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

fixing the intercooler is not the point. he should'nt have to fix this! but then again he bought it from a personal seller instead of the actual company
Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:57 AM

The question if it was messed up before or after shipping is questionable.... but what's not is he shouldn't be avoiding him. The seller should still keep in contact and still try to work with him. Just my opinion~
Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Close Call!!!

i was the first one lined up to buy this intercooler, but because he/she did not get back to me with in a couple of hours, i bought a new one from buschur.

BOY AM I GLAD I DID NOT BUY THIS ONE!!

good luck to u.

Quick Reply: Warning: Do not buy stuff from TrinaBabe!!!!!!