Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is there anyone else that does headlight modifications like evodave?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there anyone else that does headlight modifications like evodave?

Hey all I am trying to ship my headlights out to get them Blacked out. I always need my car for driving purposes to and from work and school so I have never had the chance to ship them out. However an oppurtunity arose and I removed the headlights hoping to ship them out last friday. Evodave does excellent work and his reputation and credibility proves it so I tried contacting him, however I have yet to recieve a reply. Is there anyone else who is reliable that can black out headlights just as well as Dave can? I ned the lights back on my car by next week so please help me out.

Thankyou all in advance

Tyler
Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just happened to do mine yesterday. It took pretty much the whole day but they came out great. I do have to tip my hat to EvoDave b/c doing this is some work, but none the less mine came out great and it just so happens to be raining today so I am going to be keeping my eyes open for any condensation.

Anyway to answer your question do it yourself, tools neccesary are a 10mm wrench, a couple of screw drivers, paint and silicone.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

there are plenty of people that did it themselfs, i think theres a walkthrough somewhere, try the how-to forums. But from what ive seen dave does it the best.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

I believe AMSTuning does it here in MD. They are one of the sponsors on the site. But honestly I would trust Dave and try to get ahold of him. Headlights are a tricky business and if not done right they can leak and youll get fogging. Thats why I would only trust somebody with lots of experience.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for the comments...just waiting for Dave to write me back then. If there are any other vendors out there that have experience in doing hedlights feel free to pm me, I am desperate to get these out and back on my car asap.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:52 AM

We were all out at Englishtown this weekend, including Dave. Thats probably why you couldn't reach him. If you pm'ed him I am sure he will get back with you asap.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:25 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
i am back... pm'ing you!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

How much to do something like this mr. dave?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:13 AM
Account Disabled

pm'd ya!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you put them in the kitchen oven at 1400 degrees fahrenheit for an hour, then you do something after that, then paint them black!! I would like heads and tails myself.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by smokedmustang
I think you put them in the kitchen oven at 1400 degrees fahrenheit for an hour, then you do something after that, then paint them black!! I would like heads and tails myself.
After the hour you have to stir and add the parmesian.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang

1400 degrees. Wow that will burn your kitchen down . Kevin try it and let us know how it works out for you.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Lights

None of my business but I have seen Evodaves lights and they are excellent. Good quality and look awesome.
I have seen others that have tried or that had them done by someone else besides evodave. Not so great. The silicone is everywhere, finger prints on the inside of the lenses, leaks, etc.
Spend the $$$ money and get them done by someone that knows.
AMS has there lights done by Evodave also.
I have not had my lights done yet, I have spoken to Evodave, just have not gotten around to it yet. Spending the $$ on go fast parts and tuning first.
Good luck to you

Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
1400 degrees. Wow that will burn your kitchen down . Kevin try it and let us know how it works out for you.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:53 PM
Account Disabled

yeah i do lights for AMS , Buschur racing, Slickmotorsports, Pruven performance and so on... i also offer lifetime warranty and you can get the fronts and backs done in any style/idea you might have for less (including shipping each way) then a set of jdm tails.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:26 PM

pm me with price on doing a set of head lights