Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Should I sell my lancer, for the evo?, if I do, theres a problem. I need *your* help.

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2003, 10:21 PM
i45
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Should I sell my lancer, for the evo?, if I do, theres a problem. I need *your* help.

Ok well, Rite now im drivin around in a 03' OZ. Now, Im really really addicted to the evo, so much I am willing 2 sell my OZ to get it.

If I do, however sell my OZ it will be a bit of a gamble.

1st risk: I need cash obiviously to advance 2 the evo, though even if im selling my OZ I will need at least 15 grand more, to buy a used one. (im in canadain dollars here)

2nd risk: I will be waiting for a year and a half to get this extra 15 grand, and I am wondering if there will be any good used vechicles available?

Now I know about that Canada you cannot register a evo and/or make it street legal, though I got it covered as I now have dual citizenship, as well can register the car @ me and my friends summer house in the US, so im all safe on the registering side.

I just drive it in Canada, wait 5 or so months, go 2 the us, stay for an hour, drive back and boom im good for antoher visiting period of another 5 or so months.

So, what should I do?
Sell my OZ, take the gambles for the EVO?
Stick with my OZ?

Thanks 4 ur help,
all comments are greatly appericated.
Old May 3, 2003, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

seems like too much trouble man just wait....
Old May 3, 2003, 10:28 PM
i45
Evolving Member

tru tru,
but tha diriving hassle and such is not a big deal to me,

Im just worried about if thers going to be any quality used evos around in the next year, and if it will be good a good choice to do so.
Old May 3, 2003, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

i'm sure there will be some used EVOs around next year, but i wouldn't think there are going to be an abundant supply... i mean they only made what...? 6000 of them...?

and personally, i would never buy a used high performance machine... you never know how the last guy treated it...
Old May 3, 2003, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

im sure there will be alot of good used evos in a full year, when the new model comes out.
Old May 3, 2003, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Diesel
i'm sure there will be some used EVOs around next year, but i wouldn't think there are going to be an abundant supply... i mean they only made what...? 6000 of them...?

and personally, i would never buy a used high performance machine... you never know how the last guy treated it...
this is also true. most of the used ones will most likely be dogged on for a year if theyre owned by people like me !!
Old May 3, 2003, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

I would wait you are going to take a bath on your OZ. You'll probably lose like $5,000.