Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help!Turbosmart E-boost 2 boost controller!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!Turbosmart E-boost 2 boost controller!

I just installed a e-boost 2 on my 9 mr and i am trying to adjust it. I have it set up for 20.5 psi. i read a lot and this psi is considered safe. Correct me if i am wrong. i was told that with this boost controller i should have a steady boost line.. It still tappers down, Not as much as the stock one but it does. Than on high gears it goes higher than on the actual setting.. It has so many features.. Does anyone know what is the opanning psi on the stock waste gate? I could adjust this too, and than there is sensitivity.. At first it was too sensitive cos when i would boost on third it would not have constant boost. it moves up and down. Now i got this right and the peak is different almost on every gear. is this normal???
Old Sep 7, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

yikes.. ill try to answer the questions i can read:

20-21 psi is stock setting

you can raise it up to 22-23 max, on 93 octane

wastegate pressure is 11psi.

the taper you're seeing is normal, you should hit 22psi around 3.5-4K when you hit redline it should taper to anywhere between 17-19
Old Sep 7, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BretTheJet26
yikes.. ill try to answer the questions i can read:

20-21 psi is stock setting

you can raise it up to 22-23 max, on 93 octane

wastegate pressure is 11psi.

the taper you're seeing is normal, you should hit 22psi around 3.5-4K when you hit redline it should taper to anywhere between 17-19

do you think i should go that high without tune..??
and the current setting on the waste gate is 2.9 psi. and they say that i should set the desired psi on whatever and than adjust the waste gate. and by sdjusting it they mean raise it until i get a spike beyond the setting of the bost and than lower it so it keeps it constant. what do you think?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Graphite_MR
do you think i should go that high without tune..??
and the current setting on the waste gate is 2.9 psi. and they say that i should set the desired psi on whatever and than adjust the waste gate. and by sdjusting it they mean raise it until i get a spike beyond the setting of the bost and than lower it so it keeps it constant. what do you think?

Afew of my freinds have the wastegate settinig on the e-boost at 16 and another has it at 21
Old Sep 7, 2006, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

does all the fine tuning on the abc have to be done now or when i get the car tuned?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:33 AM
Evolving Member

you definately have to play with the wastegate opening pressure and the sensitivity, but not at the same time. set your boost, see where your peak boost is hitting. you want your wastegate pressure as high as possible without causing your boost to shoot over what it is supposed to hit. the sensitivity then needs to be adjusted to decrease the taper.

try getting it to dial in, but i still have some taper. i guess it's all on how picky you are
Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mack4477
you definately have to play with the wastegate opening pressure and the sensitivity, but not at the same time. set your boost, see where your peak boost is hitting. you want your wastegate pressure as high as possible without causing your boost to shoot over what it is supposed to hit. the sensitivity then needs to be adjusted to decrease the taper.

try getting it to dial in, but i still have some taper. i guess it's all on how picky you are
thank you for your time and advice.. Thats what i needed to hear i will be on it once i get home. Thanks