Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does anyone have a Nitrous cooled intercooler

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2006, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will this help full on top speed trail??AstroEVO use nitrous and did 193MPH!!He said "When a that speed,the fuel is very hot,nitrous will help it".Also,CT9A GSR also have this problem,the meth light is blinging at that speed,the temp is freaking high.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by althemean

The biggest reason not to do this is: What happens if the nitrous gets sucked into your intake while driving? You are not tuned for this. You can not predict if it will happen or not. If it does happen, you just caused a lean condition you cant repeat or control. If you drag race or auto-x here is what I recommend. Get a pump sprayer from Home Depot (the kind for spraying pesticide/insecticide) fill it with some ice and water and spray the intercooler directly between runs. You will get the most effective coverage of the intercooler as well as a cheap cooling agent....water.

My opinion.....
What? lol
How would nitrous get sucked into the intake
Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emagdnim8
What? lol
How would nitrous get sucked into the intake
Use your head. While driving, the airflow is blowing thru the intercooler, the radiator and into the the engine bay. Where is your intake filter? It is a very real possiblity that the nitrous could (almost certainly will) flow thru the engine bay and get sucked into the intake system. Not all of it by any means. But some of it (nitrous) will end up in the intake. How much? What effect will it have? Hard to say. Why take a chance? Same thing goes for that lame CO2 system. Although I cant speculate on the effects of that going into the intake.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Nope. I don't think so
sorry
Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:53 AM

nitrous dissapates really rapidly..........and if anything it would cool down the engine bay slightly.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Well....notice in my original post I said it was MY OPINION. Just throwing some stuff out there to consider. I for one would not put this waste of money on my car. But if someone wants to....its a free country. But there is no denial that what I am talking about could happen. If you like it. Go for it.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry you lose
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9GUY9
Putting a purge kit on your Nitros intercooler sprayer is a pretty good definition of rice.
Now why would you say that? A purge kit has a set purpose and it does its job.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Comments like "sorry you lose" are a retarded way to debate this topic.

Also, a purge kit on a nitrous intercooler sprayer would be rice. The sprayer itself would be a purge. There is a use for the purge, in a car that actually uses the nitrous to help combust more fuel. It eliminates "lag" by filling the lines. You don't need to worry about lag for a chiller.

Another thing, many users of the co2 chiller have reported their car bogging down when they sprayed because, guess what? That **** got sucked into the fawking intake tract!

If you think otherwise, where's your proof?

God damn! When did the newb train come in?
Old Sep 10, 2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by drewblueeye
Ok, i want to have my intercooler cooled by nitrous oxide (not freon, I know freon is cheaper i just want to use nitrous). I dont want the nitrous to go into my engine i just want to get it to cool the intercooler.

Has anyone dont this?
Anyone have a drawing or write up how to do this?
any pictures?
Advise what Nitrous system to use?
Freon?! who told you that you could use freon?
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by occultworks
Comments like "sorry you lose" are a retarded way to debate this topic.

Also, a purge kit on a nitrous intercooler sprayer would be rice. The sprayer itself would be a purge. There is a use for the purge, in a car that actually uses the nitrous to help combust more fuel. It eliminates "lag" by filling the lines. You don't need to worry about lag for a chiller.

Another thing, many users of the co2 chiller have reported their car bogging down when they sprayed because, guess what? That **** got sucked into the fawking intake tract!

If you think otherwise, where's your proof?

God damn! When did the newb train come in?
My whole point exactly. I know there was a thread where this happened to someone on here.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by diablo2184
Now why would you say that? A purge kit has a set purpose and it does its job.

Your right a purge kit does have a purpose and does its job. Its purpose is not to look cool. Thats the only reason to have one with a intercooler sprayer. The only reason to purge is to clear air from the nitrous line, so its not injected in to the engine. A intercooler sprayer sprays nitrous into the air, just like a purge.

If your main reason for wanting a intercooler sprayer is to be able to purge your nitrous, and look sweet. Save some cash and just get some purge jets and aim them at the intercooler. There "operation rice" accomplished Don't forget the LED's.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

I just searched for about an hour and a half on this subject and read tons of threads regarding this.

At one time Dave Buschur did a dyno test (I could not find the thread with this in it but multiple threads dating back to 2003 referenced DB) with this nitrous intercooler sprayer and found yes there was HP gained, but it was due to no2 being injested into the engine. CO2 systems caused the motor to bog down when the CO2 was injested.

I take DB's word as gospel regarding Evo tuning.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

I think I'm going to put nitrous on my car, like a 35 shot, I'd probably get 50hp from that and it would be great for drag racing. Nitrous cools the charge air a ton!
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I think I'm going to put nitrous on my car, like a 35 shot, I'd probably get 50hp from that and it would be great for drag racing. Nitrous cools the charge air a ton!
we're talking about using it to cool the IC on the outside.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a Nitrous cooled intercooler