Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HKS Blow Off Valve

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why do you guys dislike BOVs? I mean yes the stock dv is fine but whats wrong with the HKS and recirc kit?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BOVs are all for sound. no performance...the only performance type gain is that some BOVs hold higher boost than the stock DV. the HKS is really good at holding boost but i hear that it'll suck for daily driving.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, since we're on the subject, I keep hearing different things, and the "search" method takes forever while I'm at work, sorry.

Now, does the stock dv on the 03-05's leak after a certain boost? I heard they were crap and they leak once you're boosting over 20psi!? I heard the only good "stocker" is the MR dv or the ones on the new IX.

Can someone clear that up to help some out here? Are ALL stockers good enough to push the 21-22psi that people are wanting to push??
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jqturbo
Ok, since we're on the subject, I keep hearing different things, and the "search" method takes forever while I'm at work, sorry.

Now, does the stock dv on the 03-05's leak after a certain boost? I heard they were crap and they leak once you're boosting over 20psi!? I heard the only good "stocker" is the MR dv or the ones on the new IX.

Can someone clear that up to help some out here? Are ALL stockers good enough to push the 21-22psi that people are wanting to push??

The MR DV is obviously choice in this debate. The Evo will run well with the HKS, but not at it's best.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

that valve is a total waste of money, save up some more money for a tbe if u wanna make some sound.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by diablo2184
why do you guys dislike BOVs? I mean yes the stock dv is fine but whats wrong with the HKS and recirc kit?
There's absolutely no benefit to having one over the stock IX valve. So you would be spending all that money just to get something to run and sound like stock.. When you could have gotten something useful instead.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

save the money for something else, if u are planning to go high boost with upgraded turbo, then get the tial. (but then u need an EMS)
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:11 PM

Hks Ssq

obviously i was talking about recirculating it im not a total idiot like some people...and thats what i was trying to find out what it actually sounded like with the recirc kit on ...and i dont know about anyone else butttttttttt...the search feature really does not pick up on what you search for that good.?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oobensin
obviously i was talking about recirculating it im not a total idiot like some people...and thats what i was trying to find out what it actually sounded like with the recirc kit on ...and i dont know about anyone else butttttttttt...the search feature really does not pick up on what you search for that good.?
Good point about the search option on the site, but if you just look you can find it easily. Yet again... Why spend the money on an HKS w/ recir. kit when your not really gonna be able to hear it unless you have an aftermarket intake which yet again wont do you any good without a tune. Just like everyone is saying. Save the money and keep your stocker. From what ive learned on this site the MR and IX DV can hold up to 30psi. Please correct me if im wrong though.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oobensin
Hey ...Im just looking for someone that has a HKS SSQ installed on their evo i just have some basic questions before i go and order it..

Thanks

OWN3D!!!!

thats what you get for not pushing this button : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/search.php
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tpayne84
OWN3D!!!!

thats what you get for not pushing this button : https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/search.php?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Dont do it bro, its just not worth it. i too had the idea of putting it onto my evo when i first bought it. but because if the very crazy MAF sensor and what not the car will act ****ty. look for another BOV and also dont look at the tial its the same ****. you need a bov that can recirc or one that can do both.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:00 AM

just curious why does everyone always have something smart to say? this place isnt to make fun of people seriously?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

u must understand this site is very "rice" sensitive, if read on and do some search u will see what is good and what is not. I do feel ppl are a little mean here on this site, but u can avoid being flame by doing a search first.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
off this humiliation topic, but I used to have this bov on my 2003 evo a year ago until i switched to the mr dv. My friend had the same bov on the 2005 evo but his had ZERO stalling problems and mine drove like ****. The only difference b/t the 05 and 03 that could affect it is probably the 10.5hotside. I just recently switched my 9.8 to a 10.5, anybody know if that will fix the problem?