Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HKS Blow Off Valve

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
u must understand this site is very "rice" sensitive, if read on and do some search u will see what is good and what is not. I do feel ppl are a little mean here on this site, but u can avoid being flame by doing a search first.
hahahh bro thats funny. "we here at evom are (in)sensitive to the feelings of riceyness". Its ok if you are ricey I have no problem with it, just keep it behind closed doors, dont ask don't tell. My buddy with a srt got a blow-off/DV combo, I call him a ricer all the time
Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

I have the HKS SSQV with no problems, but I am running an AEM EMS with no MAF.

My only beef is part throttle at high speeds is fluttery and twitchy, but I have yet to find any BOV that doesn't have that problem. Even the stocker did it.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF where is Warrtalon? Ok He is Gonna Say Stcoker Is best, Or Go With Forge, No Vent to Atmosphere, Or VTA. I guess Warrtalon is slacking lately.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:18 AM
Pocket Mo

This mod does absolutely nothing for your car. Absolutely nothing. (Assuming you also buy the recirc kit.) What does it do for you? It makes your wallet lighter.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
WTF where is Warrtalon? Ok He is Gonna Say Stcoker Is best, Or Go With Forge, No Vent to Atmosphere, Or VTA. I guess Warrtalon is slacking lately.
Tired of wasting my energy with ignorant ricers.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
lol Ask and Ye shall recieve!
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:04 PM
Pocket Mo

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Lmao. Even he has given up. The biggest anti-rice man has finally thrown in the towel. I would too if I'm always trying to educate one member and 48932432 others pop up to ask about parts that don't do crap that has been fully explained.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
He's Not Slacking Just Giving up on the Hopless Souls of Ricers with Cash, Stop Making us other Evo Owners look Like Rice Boys, Word.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Um please don't change out your stock DV valve on your IX. You don't need to change it if you are on the stock turbo. There are only few cases why you need to change out the stock DV valve.

1. If you drive an 03-05 EVO that has the PLASITC pos that will eventually leak. Most go with the EVO IX valve (aka JDM MR valve). Holds boost all day long on the stock turbo.

2. If you are going with a bigger turbo and will be boostin quite high. Which probably means a stronger unit than the EVO IX unit. Most guys will bye HKS, Forge, Greddy etc.. but will RECIRCULATE IT.

3. If you are going aftermarket ECU: AEM, HKS.... and run a MAP. Then you can go ahead and VTA the BOV. Most go with the HKS, or Tial.