Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Nor Cal Evo dealers won't sell Black MR at employee pricing..........

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just call me and i will get it for you from south coast
Old Sep 15, 2006, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by dzuest
Just bought a Black MR at Mitsu Corp. Prices. As of 8-11-06 the deal went from $2250 to $1750. And the one i bought wasn't supposed to be released from the port in California until Dec. 2nd, but the manager at the dealership worked with his Mitsu Rep and they go tit to me earlier. Actually its at the dealer right now and i pick it up this Friday.

So holding on to them through the winter is probably pretty close to whats happeneing. (not sure who mentioned that. too lazy to go back and look).

Also they are not an SE. Just an MR w/appearance package. Although i call it an MR SE as its easier to say then MR with Appearance package, and its Black too.
This is correct. VIP discount was reduced to $1750 on the 11th.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

New dealership anyone? Go the extra miles (literally) and find someone better.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Turd Squirter
JDMevoBOOST...What's the FIRST name of the sales rep you dealt with at SRM? I bought my '05 VIII RS from them in February of '05 and it was, without question, the best car buying experience of my life. Just the preparation alone they did was an indication of how much Snorre loves the Evo. I took delivery of the car at almost 9pm at night in pouring rain. The car was indoors, washed and detailed, as my sales rep went over and over all the little things to make sure I would be happy. My rep worked with me for 3mo while my '04 SRT-4 was for sale via private party. Never once did he pressure me or get impatient.

Now I know SRM is not a huge dealer compared to SCM, but they move a lot of Evos and have a no-nonsense approach to modifications. They even have a tuner, parts shop and AWD dyno on site. I know people on these boards have been whining about the release of a black MR since late '04. Maybe somebody beat you to the punch and offered more money. Did you ask them if somebody else had already made an offer on the car?

Nobody else had an offer on the car. This is there second of two and they sold the first one. I have Mitsu's inventory list right in front of me and I know that they have one more Black MR in customs and a couple more on order....so this is by no means their last one or "golden child" as this guy was trying to tell me.....the problem I have is with Chris.....all of them are nice guys and their dealership is nice, but he told me that they lose 1750 on employee pricing......I made sure he said it twice he said they lose 1750 as in no profit at all......i called MMNA and he told me that either he didn't know or he was lying .....so after I heard that I started looking at other dealers....maybe he didnt know.....but for a sales manager that has recently done an employee pricing deal I am sure that he knew what he was telling me was false....

I even said to him "I am under the impression that MMNA reimburses you the 1750" and he told me "If that were the case I wouldnt have a problem selling the car to you at employee pricing" ...........I was going to have MMNA call him and tell them how it works, but I dont want to deal with any dealer that is going to try and give me problems before I even buy the car...
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Basically SRM wants "full pop" for the car....his terminology....meaning MSRP....and I can't blame him for that...but it would have saved both him and me 30 minutes of talking if he just told me sorry we'd rather hold out and sell for MSRP.

Instead he chose to try and tell me false information that I knew wasn't true and I confirmed it with MMNA.

I will most likely go to SRM for my service, but as far as buying the car I don't like dishonesty when I am putting out 35K of my money. Employee pricing is supposed to provide a non-haggle deal and that is not what I was going to get from SRM so I decided to go elsewhere.