Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DO NOT buy from Street racing life.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs down DO NOT buy from Street racing life.com

Well, a couple of weeks ago, i ordered a lip from this company bc my other one got destroyed by a damn armadillo..Anyways, i got the lip, this POS didnt fit at all, not even close!! I took it to my friends house for help and we couldnt get that **** on my car. I called them and told them about the situation.. They told me to send it back and they wanted me to pay for shipping, so i said "HELL NO"! I fought with them till i got them to have it picked up. It gets to them and they said that they wouldnt refund me the whole amount bc the lip was modified! All i did was drill 3 holes in an attempt to put it on the bumper, so they said bc of this they cant do anything. How the **** am i supposed to attatch that POS if i cant drill holes? I got off the phone with them and they agreed to give back a different amount so, i basically got screwed out of $125, WTF!!!!!!!!

Peeps, please DO NOT buy anything from these guys.. it says perfect fitment and direct bolt on their site which is bull****!!! Im gona give them really bad feedback, i will report them on ebay and i will attempt to dispute this **** with my credit card company bc this is rediculous.....
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

BTW....these jokers are on ebay...... beware! I called them for Miguel, guy was an ***! I told him basically if you were I, and you had a lip that doesnt even come close to fitting, would'nt you want a refund? He agreed.....guess he lied! Jokers!
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII

Peeps, please DO NOT buy anything from these guys.. it says perfect fitment and direct bolt on their site which is bull****!!! Im gona give them really bad feedback, i will report them on ebay and i will attempt to dispute this **** with my credit card company bc this is rediculous.....

THE BUYER ALWAYS WINSSSSSSS Explain to the disputer that it was "not as described" You were sold an item that wasnt shown and you will win.. Sellers have ZERO protection.... Buyers always win (you have 90 days to start a dispute, so take your time, and get some dirt) They will just charge his paypal account, and if he refuses to pay they turn him in the collection agency.. and they disable his account until its resolved if it gets to that part.. (remind them that you sent it back as soon as you found out it wasnt the item you thought you purchased)
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

I told him that....but he didnt purchase it on ebay for what ever reason..I think he eamialed the guy or called, then bought it off of the auction.
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
THE BUYER ALWAYS WINSSSSSSS Explain to the disputer that it was "not as described" You were sold an item that wasnt shown and you will win.. Sellers have ZERO protection.... Buyers always win (you have 90 days to start a dispute, so take your time, and get some dirt) They will just charge his paypal account, and if he refuses to pay they turn him in the collection agency.. and they disable his account until its resolved if it gets to that part.. (remind them that you sent it back as soon as you found out it wasnt the item you thought you purchased)
Well the mistake that i did was, to make the purchase faster i called them directly to buy it. BUT, they do advertise it on ebay, can i make a claim against them? What can i do?

I fought with them for a couple of days telling them this POS doesnt even come close to fitting.. They are clueless and told me they have sold hundreds of them, i dont know if this was a bad one or if they use the same mold for all of them... I want my money back and i dont know what i can do as far as with my credit card. Im gona call them and put in in dispute.. But i also wana report them to ebay for this **** so they dont rip ppl off!

I also cant post bad feedback bc i didnt make the transaction online directly, but im not gona give up this easy

Last edited by EVIL_EVO_VIII; Sep 13, 2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

you need to report this to the BBB.
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

did you pay via paypal?? if so, contact paypal and explain your situation. a buddy of mine had gone through the same **** and paypal forced the money back into his account/cc.. hope it works out for ya...
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

That lip was crap! The fitment was so far off!
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by era-teknic.com
did you pay via paypal?? if so, contact paypal and explain your situation. a buddy of mine had gone through the same **** and paypal forced the money back into his account/cc.. hope it works out for ya...
No, i had them charge it to my credit card directly
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Just dispute the charge on your cc
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
No, i had them charge it to my credit card directly
Dispute it with your credit card company.. get it charged back
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, I heard about this situation since Miguel is a local buddy, and couldn't believe it! I got my c/f from Ebay also, but from a different vendor. I guess they're not all the same cause mine fit perfect, came predrilled, and was put on in 5min! I was hoping he got the same type even though it was different companies, but guess not.

I know alot of you are haters of Ebay already, but to those who still go on Ebay (like myself!), stay away from Street Racing Life! Sounds like they have no consideration or understanding from a customer's point of view, meaning they're all about themselves -- not good business.
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Im gona dispute this **** tonight son!!!
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 03:42 PM

I have this carbon lip from them, and is fine for me....guess im lucky!!
Old Sep 13, 2006 | 03:58 PM

Here see.......Not everything thats aftermarket will fit like oem. just my .02

Quick Reply: DO NOT buy from Street racing life.com