Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got my JDM Evo 8 GSR

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2003, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lee
Another interesting point you bring up there, your import laws must not be as strict as Australia (home) as import dealers can't import anything that is locally deleivered to protect a particular vehicle/models value.

How does the Govt control and local MMC Singapore dealer handle this?

If the import dealer would be underselling these Evo at slightly lower price I'd assume. I understand cars in Singapore/Malaysia are expensive but the Evo was indeed rather expensive last time I noticed on a business trip to Singapore.

T
AFAIK there is no specific legislation preventing parallel importers from selling the cars here.

You are right; the parallel importers are usually able to offer a lower price compared to the distributor, and historically the distributor has not shown a keen interest in bringing in the cars due to the low volume. However it seems that for Evo 8 they have altered their decision and I was told that these days it is priced competitively.

As for servicing of these vehicles it is an arrangement between the distributor and the manufacturer. The authorized distributor will still service parallel-imported vehicles, however most Evo owners here will bring their cars to some of the more well-known workshops specializing in the cars.
Old May 7, 2003, 01:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by redza
Crufty, how much did you pay for it in Sing$?? I'm guessing about $150k? Is that with COE? On an completely unrelated note, the weather here in Austin has been rainy and humid...made me very homesick Maybe when I get back to Singapore this summer you can give me a ride around town in it to cheer me up! J/k, but would love to see one when I go back though. Anyway, congrats on your car, will keep an eye out for it when I'm home.
Hi... yeah it is around 150K inclusive of COE. I would imagine the desire to sit in one would have abated somewhat considering the US now has Evos as well but you're always welcome, just PM me

Enjoy your stay in the US, I know I sure did when I went to uni there.
Old May 7, 2003, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, enjoying my stay here..just graduated last year and i'm working now...still too broke to afford an evo though...maybe next year.... but anyway, will definitely pm you before i go home...is there an evo club in s'pore? would like to meet some ppl and find out more about the scene back home.
Old May 7, 2003, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

so in this forum....its hard to believe it unless u got.......PICS....to prove it....well ya....
Old May 7, 2003, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

hey crufty do you have any pics on your car?
Old May 7, 2003, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Not yet because my G2 got "hijacked".... trying to get a friend's camera or something. Might take a while though.