Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Winterize my EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FJF
You had an Acura RSX - it wasn't old enough to exhibit serious rust issues. My GTI, for example, started to show (non-surface) rust after 13 years. Let's briefly review: in your own words you have shown that you have no clue as to the layer of salt that covers the roads in this part of the country. You have also displayed an unyielding lack of understanding as to the experience that leads folks to park their cars for the salt season. As such, do you really think that you're qualified to display a self-righteous position, when its inherent reach is limited by an apparent lack of comprehension?

This is some of my detailing gear. You're right; I'm too lazy to wash my car.

Folks who store their cars want to continue using and enjoying them for a longer time, hence the desire to keep them in one piece.
dude, stay on the topic, if you need to take your "i'm the holy car washer" pain out somewhere, at least do it in a pm or something, give this guy back his thread, which ive said a few times.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:57 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
dude, stay on the topic, if you need to take your "i'm the holy car washer" pain out somewhere, at least do it in a pm or something....
You're right. I've forced you to post endlessly, trying to display a holier-than-thou stance without so much as clue as to the constraints involved on salted roads. I've also made you demean those who choose to preserve their cars by pointing to pathetically lame Mickey Mouse solutions that have no hope of reliving the problem. Please forgive me for showing the lack of foundation in your arguments.

...give this guy back his thread, which ive said a few times.
There's no record of that taking place. At least have the guts take responsibility for your actions instead of making up fairy tales.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank God i live in California and i wanted to buy snowtires to take it to Tahoe. i told my wife it would handle better than her MBZ GL450

Last edited by kingtut73; Sep 16, 2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is stabil really bad for you car??
Old Nov 6, 2010, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The gas will get old and clunk up if you don't stabilize it...u need that. Also remember to put fuel in it it does not need to be full but more than half way... If not your gas line CAN freeze. Oil before storing... I have stored my car for 5yrs now.... Never no problem. Some years I don't even start it until spring. Also I leave tires on...no need to remove em.