Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Get tuned at Devo Tuning or AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jimithing60089
So far the only thing I can think of is that AMS has a dyno and I get a readout of how much HP I put out.
If you think thats all you can get from AMS, I recommend you get out your crayon box, and go to "shop B", and get your tune, then come back in a year or less saying "I wish I got a tune from AMS". we will still love you like a brother, we are just giving advice. some of us have been here a WHILE! I wont post here anymore, it looks like you have your mind made up anyway. good luck bro!! Hope all goes well. (and it might)
Old Sep 16, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

I would have to suggest AMS as well, ONLY judging from my tune and everything I have read on this forum!?

I know DEVOtuning has some really fast cars so they probably know what they are doing. Although, who has more experience than Martin @ AMS? Maybe David Bushur, but that doesn't matter.

I can say that I saw both AMS and DEVO cars @ Rte. 66 today. Great shows!

Keep it up guys.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by revvin9k
About the same as AMS now, huh?
nope still a lot less
Old Sep 16, 2006, 07:09 PM

Adam does good work and is incredibly fast. Considering he was one of the first AMS guys on the block, you can't go wrong.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:34 PM

Yeah, adams car has run 8's.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Devo Tuning had buit an EVO to run 10.8 on stock block!!They are still the fastest stock block ET record.Did i mention he shift into fifth gear??
Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say Devo due to the fact that he will be able to tune you in a much shorter time span and he is much cheaper. Adam definately knows what he is doing and a street tune is more spot on due to the load being more accurate than a dyno. Nothing against AMS, but I don't think you can go wrong having Devo do the tune.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Damnit, I didn't know Devo does custom tunes for $300. too bad i got a dynoflash
Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:05 PM

custom tune for $200 not $300.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Devo can only do street tunes, they have no dyno, if Adam does ur tune then it's alright, some of his shop hands have ****ed up some cars in the past, i wont mention the shop hand or the name of ther person (i'll let them speak from themselves) but the install job they did could have easily blown up the entire motor if the customer had brought the car up to full throttle, lucky, the customer didn't and the mistake was caught by me and fixed. It wasn't even a complicated mistake, the shop hand simply reverse the 2 lines into the boost controler thus allowing the turbo to boost as high as it would go. I would personally chose AMS as well.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 01:41 PM

I believe Adam is the only one who tunes the cars.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

One Word And Very Simple, Martin!!!!!

He Gives You A Very Powerful And Safe Tune That Is Dyno Tuned Vs Street Tune. It's Nice To Have A Sheet To Actually See What Your Car Is Doing Vs Just A Road Tune.

I Think You Are Just Looking For Reasons Not To Go With Ams, Take 2 Cars And With The Same Mods And See Which One Drives And Performs Better. I Have My Money On Martin And Ams.....
Old Sep 17, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
If you think thats all you can get from AMS, I recommend you get out your crayon box, and go to "shop B", and get your tune, then come back in a year or less saying "I wish I got a tune from AMS". we will still love you like a brother, we are just giving advice. some of us have been here a WHILE! I wont post here anymore, it looks like you have your mind made up anyway. good luck bro!! Hope all goes well. (and it might)
Wow, it seems you are more of an AMS fan boy then anything else..... I am friends with both of the shops and have gone to both of them for work. Ams is an amazing shop and many fast cars have come from there, but to say get there tune or nothing else?.... well i got flashed from them... i made 4whp over a safc with their flash, and my tune went to **** when the temp changed and i started running pig *** rich after 4 months.... I still think AMS is a great shop, but devo does some nice work too so before you go crazy about 1 shop, get your facts straight.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jimithing60089
custom tune for $200 not $300.

damn what a price...makes me wish I had spent a little extra for a devo custom tune as opposed to dynoflash baseflash..
Old Sep 17, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PURE EVIL 8
Wow, it seems you are more of an AMS fan boy then anything else..... I am friends with both of the shops and have gone to both of them for work. Ams is an amazing shop and many fast cars have come from there, but to say get there tune or nothing else?.... well i got flashed from them... i made 4whp over a safc with their flash, and my tune went to **** when the temp changed and i started running pig *** rich after 4 months.... I still think AMS is a great shop, but devo does some nice work too so before you go crazy about 1 shop, get your facts straight.
I guess you could say I am an AMS "nutswinger" Because I have done LOTS of research, on everything out there, and I always came back to AMS. I really havent heard too much about DEVO, except "whip-it". You hear good and bad from all of them, but at the end of the day, you hear LESS negative, and MORE praise from AMS. that's all, if you did the research I did, you would find what I did, all roads lead back to AMS!

I think this fella made up his mind anyway. thats fine and dandy. carry on, and keep the wheels on the road!!

Quick Reply: Get tuned at Devo Tuning or AMS?