Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Get tuned at Devo Tuning or AMS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man if money is a problem there is a guy that does street tunes for $80 it would be the same damn thing as if you where to take it to adam. Dont start a thread if your going to be bashing a paying vendor on evom over someone that is not a paying vendor. Its fine to talk about how great the man is anyone can tune a car crap i could do it if i really wanted to pick up a book and start learning.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmartinez1170
Hey man if money is a problem there is a guy that does street tunes for $80 it would be the same damn thing as if you where to take it to adam. Dont start a thread if your going to be bashing a paying vendor on evom over someone that is not a paying vendor. Its fine to talk about how great the man is anyone can tune a car crap i could do it if i really wanted to pick up a book and start learning.
Well put.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:09 PM

I am not bashing anyone, I have not said one bad thing about either place, I love them both, I have an AMS FMIC that I just purchased and got installed. You are way out of line or you are simply misinterpreting everything you are reading. I am simply asking what one place can do or will do that one cannot, and if there is something very important that I will be missing out on if I went with devo instead of AMS, I am simply getting some feedback from different people.
Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Well put.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jimithing60089
I am not bashing anyone, I have not said one bad thing about either place, I love them both, I have an AMS FMIC that I just purchased and got installed. You are way out of line or you are simply misinterpreting everything you are reading. I am simply asking what one place can do or will do that one cannot, and if there is something very important that I will be missing out on if I went with devo instead of AMS, I am simply getting some feedback from different people.
I have been known to MIS-read stuff in the past, but this is a pretty straight forward question. they BOTH will tune your car, and do basically the same thing, the only difference you will see is the "finess", the fine tuning, and the expierence in tuning the Evo's. I think that goes to AMS, again, you get what you pay for. it is more expensive for a reason. enuf said by me. I have offered my assistance to help you out.................
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:20 PM

Thanks smoked I do appreciate it and I didn't mean to quote your responce I meant to do that for jmartinez, I might go to AMS on october 7th for there first all day tuning special.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

I would have to say smoke knows best,i have seen what they did with his evo and i like it alot!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jimithing60089
Thanks smoked I do appreciate it and I didn't mean to quote your responce I meant to do that for jmartinez, I might go to AMS on october 7th for there first all day tuning special.
I knew it was meant for jmartinez, I am not upset, just giving you some of my "personal" expierences. Good luck, and keep us posted, with which "camp" you go to, and how it turns out.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOVIII200
I would have to say smoke knows best,i have seen what they did with his evo and i like it alot!
Well lookey here!! Whats up my friend, your Starbucks gift card is on its way!! Thanks for the kind words!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

You are the man smoke,i need to pay a visit to ya!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

You are the man smoke,i need to pay a visit to ya!
yes you do!!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

SEPT 23rd west 16th street road race, you in? i want to see ya run!!!
if the weather is right!!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

SEPT 23rd west 16th street road race, you in? i want to see ya run!!!
if the weather is right!!
I AM IN!! It is Austrailian pursuit!! Should be a blast.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As was stated its almost as if you have allready chosen and are looking for a major reason not to go to DEVO

I cant speak ill of anyone at DEVO, we are very close to adam. When it comes to tuning an evo you are not paying for the service but the experience and know how that goes into the service. In that field NOBODY in my eyes is better then Martin. He know the evo in and out and had put out more well rounded - high HP evo's then anyone in the chicago area....maybe the nation. You bought a $30,000 car, do you want to find the lowest bidder when it comes to tuning the engine?! Good luck in your decision

Eric
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

do you want to find the lowest bidder when it comes to tuning the engine?
You make a good point Eric.

Adam I think that means you should raise your prices
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:54 PM

Just trying to get an understanding of the technical methods that different tuners use, I don't really understand exactly what tuning a car entails, I was trying to find someone who could explain why one places tune wouldnt be identical to the others if they just load a map that has the right info for the exact mods on the car, I dont know if there is math involved or what.

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
As was stated its almost as if you have allready chosen and are looking for a major reason not to go to DEVO

I cant speak ill of anyone at DEVO, we are very close to adam. When it comes to tuning an evo you are not paying for the service but the experience and know how that goes into the service. In that field NOBODY in my eyes is better then Martin. He know the evo in and out and had put out more well rounded - high HP evo's then anyone in the chicago area....maybe the nation. You bought a $30,000 car, do you want to find the lowest bidder when it comes to tuning the engine?! Good luck in your decision

Eric

Quick Reply: Get tuned at Devo Tuning or AMS?