Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who uses a car cover???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont use one anymore but I bought a Costco cover first. It didnt fit well with the wing and I had to use a piece of foam to cover the antenna so it wouldnt wear any holes. I ended up getting a Mitsubishi cover which was much better . The fit was perfect (side mirrors, antenna, and wing.........) but it was loose enough to let the air circulate so moisture didnt get trapped on the paint. If you're not in a hurry they pop up on ebay every so often which is where I got mine for $90 (the real OEM not a universal).

Last edited by BuLocal; Sep 17, 2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the costco size large. With the shorty antenna it fits ok. Misses covering the lower part of the rear bumper by a few inches. I use some bungie cords attached together and connect them to the cable lock holes to keep it from blowing off in strong winds.

Seems to do an ok job keeping the sun, dirt, and bird dookie off the car. Only complaint other than the fit is in the morning the dew can soak through and get the paint a little moist. But for $30 it works.