Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

JDM IX Rear Defuser?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2006, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM IX Rear Defuser?

I was looking under the rear of a car that had a JDM IX rear bumper on it the other day and noticed that there were "clip holes" across the entire rear of teh bumper

now this got me wondering......

Do the stock JDM IXs come with a full defuser?.... cause I dont recall seeing them ever before in any pics or vids of teh car

Does rallyart possibly make a part for them that might not be available in the US?

Why doesnt someone jump on this opertunity to make one that intigrates the JDM bumper with a defuser? theres plenty of US manufactures who have the skill to do this.... yet I have not seen one yet?

Travis
Old Sep 17, 2006, 01:57 PM

anyone?
Old Sep 17, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

i've seen a few jdm rear bumper's with a voltex rear diffuser, but i don't really like how it looks, imo. i'd like to know as well if there are an other diffusers as well.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=208710

here's a link
Old Sep 17, 2006, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

hMm...this is quite interesting maybe someone out there makes like exetensions to make it a real diffuser....
Old Sep 17, 2006, 03:35 PM

look at this......

see the tab I circlerd? It looks as if theres some sort of factory piece that might attach to that. those tabs extend across the entire bumper, you just cant see them cause of the defuser that is on there

Travis
Old Sep 17, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

**** looks ugly..

EWWW.. that diffuser.. is just extra.. i doubt it has a function is just there.. to me.. IMO. JDM IX rear is sexy without that.. maybe drinking a few 's i'll find it HAWT..!!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver04rs
I was looking under the rear of a car that had a JDM IX rear bumper on it the other day and noticed that there were "clip holes" across the entire rear of teh bumper

now this got me wondering......

Do the stock JDM IXs come with a full defuser?.... cause I dont recall seeing them ever before in any pics or vids of teh car

Does rallyart possibly make a part for them that might not be available in the US?

Why doesnt someone jump on this opertunity to make one that intigrates the JDM bumper with a defuser? theres plenty of US manufactures who have the skill to do this.... yet I have not seen one yet?

Travis

since you live in california, you can get a custom made carbon fiber diffuser from robert fuller aka robi. he has a picture of one on his website www.robispec.com
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
since you live in california, you can get a custom made carbon fiber diffuser from robert fuller aka robi. he has a picture of one on his website www.robispec.com
I can't find the picture on his website. Can you post it up for us? Is the custom carbon diffuser for the jdm IX rear?
Old Sep 17, 2006, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
Thats the last guy Id buy something from, the first time I met him he was a total *** to me.

and besides I was looking for a stock piece that utilized those factory tabs, not some ghetto *** ROBBISPEC piece of junk. that guy cant even insatll a rear sway bar correctly