Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

feeler for raffling Evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
feeler for raffling Evo

Please read the whole post.
In the mililtary and even though I am currently stationed stateside, I've volunteered to go to Iraq for a year for temporary additional duty. What does this have to do with raffling my Evo. Well, I'm single and I'm looking at my belongs as for what if something happens. There really isnt anyone in my family that would appreciate my evo as much as i would, but I would still like to find it a good home, definitely dont want it to go to a dealership or to the state to auction it off. So with that said...

What are some of your thoughts as to raffling off my evo? The proceeds would go to help paying it off. What is left on the car would be paid by my inhertience so, the winner wouldnt have to pay anything for the car itself, maybe just shipping. What would be a good amount per ticket?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow thats a crazy idea but it might work...How much do you owe on it?? That might help with determening the amount each ticket could be...Never seen anything like this before but hey it might work...
Old Sep 18, 2006, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

how much do you owe still?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

the amount that i owe on it in my opinion doesnt matter. Whether I owe $1 or $20k, if the raffle is $10 or 50$ per ticket, I get 1 ticket sold or 500, the point of it is that I wont be here to sell it myself, I dont want the state to auction it off to whom ever and no one in my family would appreciate it. As an evo ethusiast, I would want it to go to someone from here. Does that mean that everyone on Evom has an evo....no, but it at least gives someone an opportunity. If the amount generated from the raffling exceeds the cost of the vehicle it would just be added into my inhertience just as it would if i had sold it. Would you gamble $50 for the opportunity to have an evo free and clear?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:36 AM

I think he was asking so maybe if you names what you owe, someone might be interested in purchasing it and you wont fall short of your goal.

I am in the market for an Evo and would consider purchasing it if it is in my price range. Also, some specs would help in considering ticket prices, I am sure you would get more people interested if the miles were low or it was stock all together.

Let us know!

Oh and GL Man
Old Sep 18, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vortexx
I think he was asking so maybe if you names what you owe, someone might be interested in purchasing it and you wont fall short of your goal.

I am in the market for an Evo and would consider purchasing it if it is in my price range. Also, some specs would help in considering ticket prices, I am sure you would get more people interested if the miles were low or it was stock all together.

Let us know!

Oh and GL Man
He's not selling the car, he's thinking about raffling the inheritence rights to the car if he were to be killed in Iraq. I think it's certainly an interesting idea, I imagine it would be more effective for someone in the military than for the average Joe. =)

Off topic, come home safe so that you don't need the raffle. =)
Old Sep 18, 2006, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PessimiStick
He's not selling the car, he's thinking about raffling the inheritence rights to the car if he were to be killed in Iraq. I think it's certainly an interesting idea, I imagine it would be more effective for someone in the military than for the average Joe. =)

Off topic, come home safe so that you don't need the raffle. =)
Thanks, I plan on coming home safe. But yeah, I love my evo and under normal circumstance, I wouldnt be looking at selling it. This is just in case something does happen. When I come back, one of my first things I'm going to want to do it get her out and open her up.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

raffles are illegal in most states, unless held by a non-profit organization. i had thought about buying a few cheap cars and doing raffles, but found that it is illegal in my state. check your states laws so you don't get yourself in any trouble. apparently they are viewed as a lottery.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think too many people will spend $50 on a raffle ticket and the only way they could even win the car is one, if you dont make it and two, if thier ticket is the winner. I would say for $5 people may go for it but I doubt it would make more money than you would by outright selling it on here or elsewhere.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

maybe im just stoned but does anyone else think the is incredibly morbid? go to iraq, get home safe and enjoy the car.

besides your family is insane if none of them would take a barely used evo
Old Sep 18, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

exactly, have positive thinking man. I know you care bout your car but just go there and get it over with.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

i don't really feel it's right to bet on your death. i don't know, it just doesn't sound right to me, rooting for you to die so that i can get an evo. i understan where you are getting at, but if i did end up getting it, i really wouldn't feel good about it. but, a very clever idea. good luck in iraq, and i hope everything goes alright for you and your evo.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jjm4life
maybe im just stoned but does anyone else think the is incredibly morbid? go to iraq, get home safe and enjoy the car.

besides your family is insane if none of them would take a barely used evo
+1000 .... I don't know if I'd be able to drive the car under the circumstance that you were to pass in Iraq. I think I'd be the angriest Evo driver.

You're coming back so there's really no point to it.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 01:15 AM
Pocket Mo

No need to raffle the rights to your car, just get back home safely. I wouldn't feel very good knowing that back home, I have a bunch of raffle ticket buyers that are wishing for my death so one of them could have an evo. Just my .02 cents. Good luck and godspeed in Iraq
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the support. My first priority is to come back safely, don't get me wrong I'm not betting on my death or anything like that either. I just want to have a plan in case.
What some of either do or don't understand is that I am just covering my bases. Since i'm single, unless I have a will or something stating where I want my belongings to go, it all goes to the state. where someone else who doesn't know me to do whatever with my belongs and my family would see nothing of it. It doesnt hurt to be prepared. The comments about being morbid, betting on my death, etc...put yourself in my shoes if something happens to you "unexpected" who is going to get your things? I dont want to assume and I dont want to think, i want a say where my things would go.
As for my family, my mom is scared to even crank up the car (she has a neighbor do it), dont like my sister, even if i did, there is a reason why her driving scares me (trust me its not performance related...lack there of) and those that do work on cars stick up their noses at me everytime i come home anyways (old muscle cars).
The point of this thread was to get a feel on something different vice selling the evo. I know that i could just sell the evo outright, but like i said in the first post, i would want it to go to someone who would appreciate it as much as I would/have and what better people than you guys.