Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Damn Mitsu Erased my Jester tune

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn Mitsu Erased my Jester tune

Well after receiving the EVO back because they replaced my Transfer case I noticed the car seemed slower eve after I returned the test pipe back on. Well I found out yesterday that they ran a computer check because a misfire code came on then reflashed the ECU to not only remove the cel but get it back to stock. This sucks cause it feels like I lost alot. I hate Bill seildels mitsubishi in davie, nothing but problems there. Now I have to try and get some money then get Jester to come back for the tune. Did I mention I hate Bill Seildels missubishi. aarrrrrgggg!!!!
Old Sep 19, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Call Jestr Im sure he could flash you to get you close to where you used to be. But yea that sucks. If you had EcuFlash you could have saved your flash.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Come up to Jacksonville on OCT 14 -15th and I'm sure John can help ya out .....
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am pretty sure Jestr saves all his flashes. Ask him which software he used to do your flash and if he used ecuflash tell him to send you the bin file. I can then upload back up for you if you like.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks i haven't heard of this happening to anyone else i hope all works out for you
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Lemme get this straight....you're pissed off because Mitsu fixed your misfire? What did you expect them to do? Im sure they didn't look to see what tune you have, and you should be grateful because they could've voided you warranty. Most people try to get the map to stock before servicing anyway. It's a lose/lose with you people and dealerships.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

i thought they couldnt be detected
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

^^^if they dont look, but if they want to know they can....lol i mean comeon its you agianst a multi million doolar dealership + a billion dollar industry behind them....lol who you trying to crap here...lol
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

you have a modded car, that just had a new t-case put in under warranty, and your *****in about losing a flash? You're lucky they didn't hit you up for a few grand to replace the t-case. Consider yourself lucky.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but when you say "they", it makes it sound like Mitsu paid the bill for the t-case. Yes/no?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

me, personally i would be thanking god for keeping you in his good graces and not reporting it to mitsu and voiding your warranty....im thinking myself if i should let the dealer buyout my warranty i mean these are the mods im going for.....drop in, tbe, tune, and a rollcage mabe.....what you thin guys and how much is a warranty buyout...i heard you can buy warrantys from your finance company that are just as long but let youy get the work done at any shop of your choice......AMS is local so i definatly want to know...lol
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by boostless
Lemme get this straight....you're pissed off because Mitsu fixed your misfire? What did you expect them to do? Im sure they didn't look to see what tune you have, and you should be grateful because they could've voided you warranty. Most people try to get the map to stock before servicing anyway. It's a lose/lose with you people and dealerships.
I'm pissed off cause this is the first of other things this particular dealership has done to me. I had to fight them for the transfer case and hold the downpayment because they knowing sold me the car broken. And among other things they never fixed the bad cel just erased it by reflashing the ECU and told me if it comes back to come back in.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by joeymia
i am pretty sure Jestr saves all his flashes. Ask him which software he used to do your flash and if he used ecuflash tell him to send you the bin file. I can then upload back up for you if you like.
I'll try and ask him and let you know. Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Consider yourself lucky , all your out is a flash . Or wait i know you would have rather paid for a new x-case instead of them flashing you back to stock. On 05 evo's they can tell if you have had a re-flash. So be happy bro and pay to have it tuned again , im sure you will get a discount cause your a previous customer .
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:28 PM
Account Disabled

This is a common situation in the reflashing world

Mitsu has 3 seperate flassh roms for the 03 year evos and three seperate flashes for the 04 evos

The problem was the now infamous 0300 CEL which is really caused by drivetrain noise and vibrations

Mitsu messed up on the ecu adjustmenmt for USA OBD-II / CARB tuning rules and thus we had a lot of CEL issues with the 03 and 04 cars which drove some people nuts and even resulted in some lemmon law claims

Many dealers will update ecus with the TSB which specifies the newest O300 flash version of the car has a CEL

When the dealer installs the TSB flash update it erases the ROM memory and any aftermarket flashes

I am sure your service tech assumed he was doing you a favor by helping to fix your CEL and update your softwear to the newest version

Your car does not need to be re-tuned - just re-install the same tune which I am sure your tuner will be able to do with no problems

AL
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by EVOIX4me
Consider yourself lucky , all your out is a flash . Or wait i know you would have rather paid for a new x-case instead of them flashing you back to stock. On 05 evo's they can tell if you have had a re-flash. So be happy bro and pay to have it tuned again , im sure you will get a discount cause your a previous customer .
no I would have been lucky to buy the car with no problems instead of them selling me it broken. But whatever I guess I am lucky to get a new tranfer case even though I never modded the car and bought it like this.