Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Removing door trim piece?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Removing door trim piece?

Wondering if anyone can help me with this. Im replacing the hard plastic trim piece ontop of the door and want to know if I have to open door up or what? Has anyone had to do this. It looks as if the mirror is in the way.

Old Sep 20, 2006, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes you do sometimes not. But Removing the pannel is Easy,it has alot of clips, so you get like a plastict thing to pry alittle with and find where the clips are and start popping them off. I think there are a few screws but you can see those, and there is usualy one in the Handle you use to pull the Door shut. Check the HOW TO: section I think it might be installing speakers or something. If you don't mind me asking why do you want to remove the Trim.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
Sometimes you do sometimes not. But Removing the pannel is Easy,it has alot of clips, so you get like a plastict thing to pry alittle with and find where the clips are and start popping them off. I think there are a few screws but you can see those, and there is usualy one in the Handle you use to pull the Door shut. Check the HOW TO: section I think it might be installing speakers or something. If you don't mind me asking why do you want to remove the Trim.
Driver side has some damage on it (scratches). I was just hoping I didn't have to take the panel off. The other day I was getting out of my car and I looked at the inside of the door near the edge of the trim and I noticed there was a screw there. Dunno if that is used to take it off or not. And I don't feel like bringing to the dealer where they will assrape me with a $90+/hour bill...and end up taking like 2 hours lol.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for some much needed info.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:22 AM

You have to remove the door panel, then it slides off the door panel. There is a post on how to do this under the audio section I believe for the front speaker install. Use the search, it works wonders.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by confusionisbad
You have to remove the door panel, then it slides off the door panel. There is a post on how to do this under the audio section I believe for the front speaker install. Use the search, it works wonders.
Thanks alot, I really appreciate it.