Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sun Power or HKS DLII

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sun Power or HKS DLII

I am looking to purchase one of the two, but have not seen a thread with what people thought of the products. I notice a slight power loss towards the top side of the rpms which may mean I need a) new fuel pump/larger injecters b) hotter spark c) suggestions?

I have BR stage two and dyno flash custom tune. If anyone has seena thread please let me know. Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You Talking about making your car Coil on Plug ignition and not the Hybrid Coil setup, Right?

Cause if you are I think Buschur Racing makes a coil on Plug kit for around $1000 pricy i believe but I woul take it over Sun power stuff. Compare Prices.

If you not takling about coil on plug conversion, please Elaborate.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

between the 2, i will take the HKS DLI II. Had the DLI II in my car and no high rpm break up. I rev it to almost 8K and no power lost. Hope that helps.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
between the 2, i will take the HKS DLI II. Had the DLI II in my car and no high rpm break up. I rev it to almost 8K and no power lost. Hope that helps.
+1 HKS DLI II on 2.3L and stage 3 racehead
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

im interested also, I know that hks is going to make a better product, but i wonder if the sun pro will be able to handle what the HKS unit can.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:17 PM

Well I was going for more the hotter spark without replacing the oem, just amp it up a bit. Didn't know if there was a lot of feed back on the two. People seem to like the HKS but I wondering if I could use the sun power with similiar results?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

DO NOT get the coil over plug from Buschur, It ran ok on my car for about 300 miles then took a **** on me and now I am out a grand, I know other people that had this ignition and had the same problem it even fried my friends AEM.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

i know Gruppe-s did a dyno test with the Sun Power and got something like 6 torque and 8 hp gain on a mustang dyno. i'm doin the same search myself. not sure which to get.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

imo you can't go wrong with either one. although the hks dlII has a carb e.o. number on it making it street legal. but that probably doesn't make a big difference especially here in cali coz cops will give a ticket anyways.