Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Help finding lower insurance rate...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2006, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LanEvoIX
with 2 accidents and your age... you're going to have to pay that much. defensive driving might help.
Yea man I know and I live in Miami not sure if you know how terrible the drivers are here...One of the two accident wasnt even my fault,but I was 19 with a modded se-r and the other guy was probably 30 with and suv. Im sure the cop took one look at me and gave me the ticket.The other accident I had a pos civic which the brakes would lock up on for the slightest touch. The calipers were shot,it was leaking brake fluid and the rack & pinion was messed up. That one was my fault because I had a little road rage and ended up sideways on the road, scraping the side of the guys car.
Back to my insurance, I was talking to one of my co-workers and he told me that he puts down he's married also but is not. The only thing about that is that isnt that kind of considered fraud? Im sure the chances of them catching you are slim to none but I think its worth risking it because that saves me a shat load of money. And companies like e-surance don't ask for your marriage certificate or anything. Im trying to see if this allstate agent im talking to now, will hook it up...But I guess well just have to see.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try looking into allstate. i am also 20 and have 1 at fault accident = $6500 damage to my evo + less than $1000 to a pontiac. the car is under my moms name and insurance costs $1420 a year for the evo alone. our policy for all of our cars costs a little less than $3000 that's full coverage for me and four other family members on the 05 Evo VII, 04 Lexus GX470, 03 MB SLK32 AMG, 01 MB E320 4Matic, and a 03 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, which is really good considering my sister and mom's driving records (several tickets/accidents). The Evo is the costliest car to insurance, so good luck finding a cheaper premium. also, make sure your getting all the discounts you can. im not sure about your insurance company, but i get a $527 discount for being an in-state student and $130 discount for having ABS, plus another $200 for other miscellaneous things. It just sucks being young, unmarried, and a guy with a high performace car because the insurance companies think you are completely reckless and a foolish kid with a complete disregard to others and your own safety, which is almost always not the case. good luck.

Last edited by th3_rEv8lution; Sep 21, 2006 at 06:51 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks a lot thats who I am working with right now...Allstate seems to be pretty decent as far as rates go. So I am going to keep working with them....
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Update!!

So I tried the whole married thing with this allstate agent...She started asking me about information about my wife etc....and I gave her my moms name and some bs date of birth. Then she called me back after looking up the info and found my moms policy through state farm and her name...So i paniced and told her id call her back. Well to make a long story short she gave me an amazing insurance quote off $233.55 per month. They way I am getting this quote is by incorporating my name, so im going to have like corprate insurance. All it cost is $180 for 1 year to do so in florida. But yea she laughed at me for trying to use my moms name as my spouse and really helped me as much as she could i think. I'm getting my new allstate insurance this weekend. And now I can finally start saving some damn money....Thanks for all the help guys and take a look into that corporation thing, might save you guys a lot of money.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Do you have a Costco membership? They have great rates on auto insurance through American Express for their members. With State Farm I was paying $780 every six months for full coverage on my RSX Type-S. Then they jacked it up to $890 with no explanation. I switched to Costco and now I pay $560 for six months, and they bill monthly with no extra fee.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Yea I tried going through the american express insurance, its called ameriprise...They do have awesome rates but they were not able to insure me with my driving record...So Allstate is the best thing I have found so far...So if all goes well I will have that insurance this weekend...