Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Soooooo Pissed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evolrobert
cry me a river
How about I **** on your face instead... loser.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jones100001
what I do w/ all my new cars is I get 3M clear bra installed. Not a 100% protection from road derbis but avoid rock chips most of the time.
3M clear bra FTW! I just had mine installed yesterday.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:51 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Golovko
welcome to USA...they should look into contracting german engineers to build the roads here so it doesnt feel like we live in a 3rd world country.
And then we would have to hire their highway cleaning crew too who sweeps the roads several times a day.
US is one of the rare countries where you can see tire leftovers/debris/trash/dead animals/you_name_it on the shoulder or side of the road.
All of which describe a 3rd world country.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by st3alth5
3M clear bra FTW! I just had mine installed yesterday.
I thought that stuff could yellow if its in the sun too much. My friend is a professional detalier and he installs that stuff and talked me out of it.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

should've kept your distance.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by TURBOWHT
Dang man that sucks. I dont follow that close to cars anymore I have had a rock fly up and crack my window 3 times since i have been driving. man it sucks.
Same here!
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by tripperfx3
I thought that stuff could yellow if its in the sun too much. My friend is a professional detalier and he installs that stuff and talked me out of it.
It all depends... First, it depends on what kind of film you use. There are several different brands and generations of film out there. 3M is designed to withstand yellowing with minimal care. The guy that installed mine said that 3M just needs to be waxed once a year. So, second, it depends on your committment to keeping the car looking good. I wax every two to three months, so that is not going to be an issue for me.

Third, it depends on where you keep your car. Mine lives in a garage when I am at home.

The installer said that if it did yellow, it would only be a percent or a fraction of a percent, which you would only be able to tell with a microscope. Also, 3M warranties that the film will not yellow for five years. And if that does happen, any installer can remove the film without harming the paint.

Bottom line: damn good investment to prevent the chips you would have on your front-end without the film
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

I felt the same way when a brick flew up and hit my hood on the freeway a few months back. Luckily the dent is so small you cant even see it unless you look from an angle very closely. But I still also have my share of rock chips on the hood. I love living here in AZ!
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolrobert
cry me a river

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
How about I **** on your face instead... loser.
Haha , forum beef is always fun.
I know what your going through though. A week after my car was painted, I drove to a mall parking lot and parked where there were no other cars. When I came back there were still no other cars but there were 2 gashes on the bumper that looked like they were from a shopping cart. Funny thing is there are no shopping carts in that mall.
A second time I was leaving the parking lot at work and went to a restaurant. When I came out in the restaurant I saw a dent and blue paint on the passenger side quarter panel . The thing is I don't know if it came from the parking lot at work or the restaurant becase I dont always look at the passenger side panel when I get in my car.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SoR
And then we would have to hire their highway cleaning crew too who sweeps the roads several times a day.
US is one of the rare countries where you can see tire leftovers/debris/trash/dead animals/you_name_it on the shoulder or side of the road.
All of which describe a 3rd world country.
and i guess that would solve the problem of illegals taking all the jobs...because unless they're in orange jump suits...most americans won't do this job.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR_Vengeance
should've kept your distance.
no... really? Wow why didn't I think of that? I actually was keeping my distance... I just came up on part of the road where it was getting done. It was there and happened within about 5 seconds.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

first mod = 3m clear bra
Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:33 PM
Pocket Mo

Bras are always good. Bras on our cars, bras off our women.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

sh_t happens man..............just touch it up and move along.

It's about the only option you have............
Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:42 PM

its going to happen anyway, I havent been in any bad conditions but just from daily driving i have various rock chips on the hood and fromt bumper, its not noticeable though and unless your not planning on driving it anymore my aswell not fix it because its just going to happen again throughout the cars life.