Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Soooooo Pissed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't feel too bad. I got my spoiler replaced by warranty. Car was back to being all pretty. Then I'm on the highway at night, a car in front of me runs over a huge semi truck tire, tire comes down in front of my car and rips my front lip half way off along with the underbody plastic stuff.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Contact the state highway department and file a claim. All u have to do is call them and ask for the paper work to be sent to u in the mail, fill it out, and send it back. I panel of people will listen to your claim and possibly award you some money. The other thing is, it is also necessary to file a claim with your insurance company. I had this happen to one of my new cars but it was a salt truck. The damn thing unloaded on the hood of my brand new car.

GOOD LUCK!!
Old Sep 21, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gaulrich2003
Contact the state highway department and file a claim. All u have to do is call them and ask for the paper work to be sent to u in the mail, fill it out, and send it back. I panel of people will listen to your claim and possibly award you some money. The other thing is, it is also necessary to file a claim with your insurance company. I had this happen to one of my new cars but it was a salt truck. The damn thing unloaded on the hood of my brand new car.

GOOD LUCK!!
yeah tell your insurance company so your insurance can go up. Then you have to cough out the deductible anywayz. I wouldn't tell insurance anything but that's just my opinion.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by tripperfx3
I thought that stuff could yellow if its in the sun too much. My friend is a professional detalier and he installs that stuff and talked me out of it.
I had mine installed for 3 years on my Nissan and it had no yellow coloring. My car went through hot summers and harsh winters
Old Sep 21, 2006, 09:45 PM

clear bra is a good idea
Old Sep 21, 2006, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Why the hell would you do a touch up on every chipped paint? just deal with it.
You wont ever find a road without pebbles.

Originally Posted by andysoo8284
Bras are always good. Bras on our cars, bras off our women.
Bras are always bad. Bra off on cars, bra off on women.
With the money spent on clear bra, Its cheaper in socal to repaint the damn thing like fresh out the dealorship, unless you get analEd by dirtshops. The only clear bra i would pay would be on a women, within my budget of satisfaction.

Last edited by evolusion; Sep 21, 2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it helps, here is what I understand about damaged caused by debris from trucks ...

Usually, no one will cover damage caused by objects coming from the road that have been thrown up by a truck tire, but you can sometimes get compensation if the damaging materials originate from the truck itself.

Example:
Truck runs over gravel and throws gravle onto your car - No one cares
Truck hauling gravel drops a rock that bounces into your car - Reimbursed

My suggestion ... keep an eye out for trucks hauling gravel, note a truck/tag number and make some calls.

Good luck.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
If it helps, here is what I understand about damaged caused by debris from trucks ...

Usually, no one will cover damage caused by objects coming from the road that have been thrown up by a truck tire, but you can sometimes get compensation if the damaging materials originate from the truck itself.

Example:
Truck runs over gravel and throws gravle onto your car - No one cares
Truck hauling gravel drops a rock that bounces into your car - Reimbursed

My suggestion ... keep an eye out for trucks hauling gravel, note a truck/tag number and make some calls.

Good luck.
but of course don't ignore the HUGE lettering on the back of the truck that reads...

"Not responsible for broken windshields"
Old Sep 22, 2006, 02:28 AM
Evolving Member

im on vacation in germany right now, holy **** the roads are nice, but then again, think of the amount of roads in germany, compared to the amount of roads in america, germany is like 1/3 texas
Old Sep 22, 2006, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by tsair
clear bra is a good idea
Im with him. Good investment.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

damn i get this kind of sh*t almost everyday driving on the freeway here in socal. we see couches, bookshelves, transmissions lying in the middle of the freeway lanes. it's funny and just downright ****ing sad at the same time.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

i think clear bra is well worth it
Old Sep 27, 2006, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gary C
http://www.langka.com/ is a great system...
+1, it works great but you have to practice a lot and have patience. I think autopia's website also has some good info on how to take care of chips and scratches.