Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

For those evo 8 to evo 9 front people...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation For those evo 8 to evo 9 front people...

Here's my situation, I ordered the JDM EVO IX Front Bumper from gruppe-s for $799 and I received it 12 weeks after I ordered it. I received it with the bumper alone, NO Tow hook cover and NO Lower lip spoiler... I wanted to know if those people who converted their EVO 8's only got the bumper by itself.
Here's the original thread EVO IX FRONT Gruppe-S

Last edited by xLaNcErEvOx; Sep 20, 2006 at 05:09 PM. Reason: misspell
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

can anybody chime in so I know that i can take action and not be wrong...
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I received my Evo 9 rear the tow hook cover was not included. They had to wait for there shipment from Japan for the tow hook covers. As far as your lower lip spoiler, clarify please!
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

What i circled in red is the front lower lip (spoiler)

Here's my actual car and bumper:

Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

This isnt the first time I had a problem with them... why didnt i learn from my mistakes. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=148147
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why would you buy something from overseas when you can get them here from the dealer?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Drifto
Why would you buy something from overseas when you can get them here from the dealer?
Exactly. I let a bodyshop oder everything i needed. 'Course it was backordered from Mitsu at the time, so it took a long while, but everything fits right.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xLaNcErEvOx
can anybody chime in so I know that i can take action and not be wrong...
Have you called them? Depending on what front lip you ordered ie. ralliart or someother JDM one, they may have had to order it and that takes time from Japan. Call them and ask them what the deal is, I had to ask them about the tow hook cover the day I received my 9 rear and they told me that they were waiting for the container from Japan.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

bro join the club, when i ordered the rear end it came with all necessary hardware and what not, but when i ordered in december and it came almost march, i was furious!!! i called them many times i even made several threads on here and their suposed excuse for not picking up the phones and what not was the owner was out of town for more then a week. most i got out of these guys was not even an apology. i myself learned from my first mishap while purchaseing this bumper. i wont shop with them anymore. enough of my past ordeal, if you have already contacted them and they gave you some bull**** excuse save the thread show it to a lawyer and they can be hung in court for false advertising. thats that good luck with everything bro.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks donmeca2020, i am very enraged at how gruppe-s is handling everything I truly think only court can make a difference.

Drifto: I chose to order straight from japan because it came painted already and they dont make Yellow EVO IX's in the USA.

8URVTEC: I didnt order any aftermarket lip with this bumper, it is suppose to come with the OEM lip. And I have contacted them all day to day via phone, PM and emails and everything that has happenned is on this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=224458