Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looks like the IX could have some new cams available!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
What about the gg 430 whp car? Isn't that one on the tt cam?
I don't know his set up internally other than whats on the site and whats right in your face (Turbo, IC, Rail tuning).

I'll ask him when I see him and let you know

We did a highway pass together the other night and we pull about the same through each gear, but he's running a much larger turbo so it takes more time to spool it, my turbo being smaller spools faster and pulls harder earlier.

I love my set up its very dynamic over all, it feels like a porsche or like its a stock set up.

J
Old Oct 6, 2006, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hopper
Well I was browsing around aimlessly like i always do at 2 am and I stumbled across rippmods website. yea the same one that does tiburon/3g eclipse/ ect superchargers and it seems they are developing cams for a ix or atleast they claim them to be their own, heres the link

http://www.rippmods.com/templates/te...d=160&menuId=2

Im also curious to see what engine management they are going with. any info on their cams?? Owell its really nice to see that the market is catching up to the 9
I was very impressed with Ripp's cams on two big turbo EVO IXs they did up.
I really like J. Gunnz's IX!!!

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Not enough info there, but good find. Still wish it had more info on possible cams.
I plan on doing the Ripp cams with my stock turbo after Christmas.
I will post up the before & after dynos...