Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Driving the Dragon, US129, Nov 9th-12th

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by keevo54
This is going to be a cool event and your high school bickering match could ruin it for everyone. I do not know what happened between all of you, but I did see where you'll went all over evo-se posting about a Mutiny. It is time to grow up and solve this yourselves without getting into a pissing match on evom.
FYI, I had nothing to do with the so called "mutiny" posts. Read what I posted, its all there.

Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We may be heading up a day early, not sure yet, but I'll let you know. I'm not sure how big of a turn out we'll have from FL. but there's a lot of people coming from NC. one guy from Gulfport,Mississippi and another from Ohio. We'll have to wait and see who actually shows.
Here's my basic itinerary:
Plans are as follows:

(This is a guideline, it is not carved in stone and is subject to change. I also welcome your suggestions)
Day 1, Nov 10th
Meet along the river just before entering the Dragon @ 0830, head out up into the Dragon @ 0900 in 4-5 car groups spaced 1 minute apart. I have two people in mind who are local w/ good driving experience and knowledge of the area that should make good guides. We’ll drive from one end of the Dragon to the other, then hit the Skyway, take it into Tellico re-fuel & backtrack onto the dragon and rally @ the “Tree of shame”. We will take a 1˝ hr lunch break/ social. Then head out on a 2nd run on either the Dragon or Skyway, depending on the traffic situation. We’ll break for dinner around 530/600 pm.
Depending on the conditions, I’d like to make 1 or 2 night runs along the Dragon and/ or Skyway.

Day 2, Nov 11th
Meet @ 0930-1030 then head out in a huge group along the Dragon & Skyway and rally @ the Tree of shame or somewhere else that’s good to hang out at for a bit. As an alternate we could cruise into Gatlinburg, then back thru wears valley. Break for dinner 530/600 pm. Chill out for a while, then go on another night run.

Those of us from FL. Will be heading back on the 12th around 0800 hrs or so, got to be back for work on Monday. L

FYI: This is an open event, you may bring anyone you want, especially your wives or Gaff’s. Just be advised, this is a twisty, windy road, so if their partial to motion sickness, I’d think twice! One thing that wont be tolerated is ANYONE drinking & attempting to drive! Drinking is your business, driving while under the influence is a NO GO!
This is intended to be a fun, safe and exciting driving event and an opportunity to meet other car enthusiasts who own evo’s
Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

OOPS, I meant to say GF's, not "Gaffs"! LOL

We can mix and match my schedule and yours, whatever will work the best and provide the most fun.
One thing that must be kept in mind, we need to be respecful and not go up there w/ an attitude and get stupid, i.e. accidents.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey sgt blamo, it the gulfport guy. I'm in and im bringing a friend in mobile who will be driving an acura rsx. we will be traveling up I65 and was hoping to join in with your group guessing somewhere in georgia or tennessee? let me know your route so i will know when we need to leave and try to rally up with you fl guys.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Mark,
No problem, I'll map everything out and then send you an itinerary(sp) so we can hook up along the way.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 01:04 PM

I've requested off work for that weekend. My friend will be riding along with me. I just wanted to see though, my other friend drives a wrx sti, would it be okay if he came too? I've been to some car meets where others were not welcomed other than the same car type. If thats cool, I'll offer him to come. If not, oh well! My "Gaff" wont be comming though lol
Old Sep 29, 2006, 02:47 PM

Count me in and i guess i will bring my old lady with me. She has never been to the mountains before so this will be the prefect opportunity. What is everyone doing about lodging, do we need to get some in advance or will it be avilable, and for about how much per night.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:27 PM
Account Disabled

fontana village is seems to be the place.

fontanavillage.com

i was checking this place out today.

there is a place called microtel as well there. I don't know what that's like.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

What, someone wants to come in "another" car besides an EVO!? The nerve! You mean people actually own other cars besides an Evo? LOL!!!

If your friend wants to come and has an STI, by all means, tell him to come! This is an open event, yes it was directed primarily to Evo owners, but it's open to any "high performance" type of car, excluding hondas w/ fart cans!
Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

which road will you be driving up? I would love to meet up on the road... (savannah)
Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

75 N. You could meet us above Orlando
Old Oct 2, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

count me in!!!!!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:36 PM
Account Disabled

great, we have lots of people going. who's organizing this event by the way?

we should have a list going or something.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

^
What exactly do you mean by your question? Did you read my original post?
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
count me in!!!!!
Did you get your car up and running again... i havent heard from ne of u guys n so long... I still have yet to get the mr back... this is like week 7 true2form has had it... those guys take forever! Im supposed to get it back this week and im going up to the gap sunday... wanna join?