Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much credit debt and owning an EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2006, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heh... I'm 22 and live at home just because why waist money on rent when my parents live in a huge house... On top of that i pull in about 6k a month and have roughly 2.5k in cc bills and 28k on the evo. But with the money i have coming in from my investments i did a few years back, future looks bright.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

Being 23 with a fiance` I have:

0 Credit card debt-- got that all payed this year

Owe 30K on the Evo-- won't last too long.

Have 50K in the bank for investments

Spent about 4K on mods (plus installation) on the Evo in the last month. Along with another $4600 on a new LCD TV for me.....I was feeling generous for myself this month plus I have to get ready for PS3, so I needed something that did 1080p!!
Old Oct 1, 2006, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by filter
if you make 65k a year and our complaining about owning an srt-4. 1 you must be in debt 2 dont know how to spend your money right.

i make 52k a year only 1 credit card. has about $800 balance due to me rebuilding my credit. i have an evo 9. im married and have a house payment and thinking about buying an sti for the wife. and we still live very comfortably and putting money away for retirment. and im 28.

we just dont do other thing like go out and get drunk every weekend. we dont smoke or drink so we have extra money to throw around.

so i dont see how you cant afford an srt-4 making 65k a year.
haha...i didn't say i can not afford an srt-4.....I can actually own an srt-4 and an evo 9 if I wanted to....BUT, I am selling the SRT-4 because I am getting into opening some small businesses. If you know about opening up a small business...you will have to pay for a lawyer, accountant, rent, material, stock, etc. I would like to have some extra cushion in case the business does not go well, so selling the SRT-4 is one of those small cushion. Also, I would like to be in a position where if I for some reason cannot work for a company, then my investments will work for me for quite a few years. So, in your case, you can own an sti and evo and live comfortably, which all power to you...Now, in my case, I want to own a small business and live comfortably even if the business does not go well...oh yeah, I am also single, so I do not have a second source of income like you do. Now think about this, if you and/or your wife lose jobs, would you still be able to live comfortably, even if you don't buy an sti? And also you saying I do not know how to spend money right....if I had a second source of income like you do, I would use that money to reinvest, not spend on something that you REALLY don't need. I would let whatever I invested pay for what I want. Like the saying goes, don't work for money, let money work for you. I bet if you get a hefty raise, you would probably buy some bigger and better things, and if you do good luck if you ever lose your job after you see that your expense column crushes the asset column. So next time I would suggest not making a bold statement like "you don't know how to spend your money" because if you really think about what you said, you are actually contradicting yoruself.

Last edited by purekoryo; Oct 1, 2006 at 06:30 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:09 AM

0 credit card debt. Whatever I spend I pay it off montly (<$100). I used to have about 3,000 in CC debt, but I paid that off about a year ago.
I owe 12,000 on my SRT-4. $350/mo
I owe 90K (Yes, 90,000 om student loans). I pay 500/mo for those, for the next 30 years if I choose. I know it's not possible to pay this off in a short amount of time so I'm just going to deal with it for a long time.

I am a Network Admin, making $20/hr.
Once my fiance gets done with her Masters (May '07), we should be rolling good, and we can get pretty much whatever we want. She only has about 10,000 in student loans, which is cream cheese compared to mine.

Last edited by ksuchewie; Oct 2, 2006 at 05:11 AM.