Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

someone JUST stole my evo (in Sept)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
WOW that sucks bro i feel for you!
As for switching ECU from evo to evo it cant be done as far as i know any ways. I had a power fc and i put my old works p2 flashed ecu in my friends evo... Did not work at all.
Like every one else im scared do death reading this thread... I think I will buy an alarm before water injection. BTW clifford alarms makes one that will send you a text if your car is getting messed with.
Did you change the immobilizer code in the new ECU you dropped in to the one that was in your old ECU? I know if you don't it won't work for sure.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Im guessing you checked with the towing companies or owner of the parking lot to see if it just got towed? Sorry I dont have time to read every post if you did already.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bigl4201
thanks a lot guys but someone needs to call chuck norris... he will be more helpful than the cops were to me...
Yea Suffolk County PD

Last edited by complex629; Sep 26, 2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nope didnt change the code... good call...
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:34 AM

Wow... That blows man. I live on Long Island too. Our cops don't do **** out here. They're the 2nd highest paid Cops(125k after 5 years I believe) in the US next to Nassau County I believe. I really hope everything works out for you. That's got to be the worst feeling ever... walking towards your car just to notice it's not there anymore.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you can swap different ecus...all you need is ecuflash and a new ecu and you can program the new ecu for the old ecu's transponder code. The only issue I see is getting around the key cylinder without breaking it.

I know that back in the day on the mid 90's fords, they only made 10 different cut keys for those cars. So all you needed was 10 different ford keys and you could get in to the car...this is a fact as a customer had to do this at my work because she lost her key to her explorer...
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:50 AM

Wow this sucks very sorry I own two of these cars. My wifes sits in a parking lot every day and I'm allways worried its not coming home. we got a python paging alarm but it doesn't reach her at work
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear hope ya have full coverage and all, I know you are the guy with the Ferrari
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

dang...i hope its only a prank from a friend of yours.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Man I completely share your pain.... I had an Evo stolen from me not too long ago also Its a feeling of utter violation, and there's just nothing you can do to cure that feeling. I have a new evo 9 now and I still feel very violated from whoever it was that took my baby.

I have to ask though - How did they gain access to your car? Couldn't have broken the window cause the co workers would see/hear that right?

And also, you people are F*CKING morons. The imobolizer is NOT a concrete wall. In fact, its a pretty ****TY system compared to something like a fuel cut off. So for those of you sayinge "the imobolizer is UNSURPASSABLE" get real. If someone is a professional, they WILL FIND A WAY.

"where there's a will, there's a way"
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsrt4
Wow this sucks very sorry I own two of these cars. My wifes sits in a parking lot every day and I'm allways worried its not coming home. we got a python paging alarm but it doesn't reach her at work

Us too except she has the RS.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lowbdgtmechanic
I would beat a friend within an inch of his life if he pulled a "prank" like that on me.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johnsrt4
I live in Columbia, like 10 min from york i am always over there....proly saw you before i owned a white rs with cf hood/trunk sold it tho...did you get yours at york mitsu
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:31 PM

+1....a real f***ed up prank

Originally Posted by lowbdgtmechanic
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PessimiStick
I would beat a friend within an inch of his life if he pulled a "prank" like that on me.
naw...be nice to them...theyre still your friend, instead PLAN something to get em back real good, use your imagination.

Quick Reply: someone JUST stole my evo (in Sept)