Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Really crappy but really cool day for my evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really crappy but really cool day for my evo

Normally I wouldn't even waste time posting about how I picked up a nail in my tire and had to get it fixed but today’s events proved to be post worthy.

After noticing that my rear driver side tire was slowly leaking air, 10 psi every week or two, I decided to take a look. I noticed that I had two nails stuck in it which kinda annoyed me since I’ve been picking a nail a month up in my other car. So I went down to discount tire to have them fix it. Of course one of the nails was too close to the side wall to fix. They tried calling Yokohama up to see if they would cover any of the cost of the tire which was cool of them but weren't able to get through. I told them to forget about it and figured I’d just keep filling the tire with a little air every time I got gas since buying one new tire wasn't what I wanted to do, especially since I only have 4700 miles on the car to begin with. So I left a bit bummed out only to immediately drive over freshly painted yellow lines in the road. WTF! I immediately pulled over to clean off any paint splatter with a rag before it dried. *sigh* And as I’m doing this I notice what sounds like a hissing noise coming from the tire that had the nails stuck in it. Upon closer inspection I notice that they had removed the nail close to the side wall. W..T...F!!! This is the one they said wasn't repairable. So they let me drive off with an obviously now major tire leak. I would have been better off not even driving over there. At this point I’m just holding my head asking the world why me. So I rush back to the discount tire as to avoid driving on the tire after it ran completely out of air.

...... so here's where the day recovered itself

A guy from Yokohama calls me on my cell to let me know that they didn't want me driving my Evo around with a nail in it like that so they were gonna pay 100% for a tire replacement for me! SWEET! I told him what had happened and he was extremely friendly. I honestly couldn't believe it. Have any of you guys experienced this kind of thing from a tire company? It's not like it's even their fault but they're coving it for me anyway!

I'll honestly say that before I didn't plan on replacing my tires when they eventually wore out with another set of Yokohamas because they are generally pricey. But now after an experience like that... I think they're worth it.

I give an extremely high recommendation for Yokohama!

Last edited by Iceplant18; Sep 26, 2006 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I yokos alot too. They have always been good tires.