Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is Vishnu legit?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, in my 3 year history with dealing with Vishnu I have found that they have been very good to deal with. Their customer service is just as good or better than Mitsubishi. I can get a hold of them just as easy as I can my service manager here at the local dealership. Their tuning is top notch. Their part are high quality. Their R&D is at the top of all the tuners. An I live 1/2 way across the country. Having ECU's mailed to a location that is manned during normal business hours rather than an empty business office have NEVER been an issue as far as I have heard. Call them at their numbers on the website from 10-5 PST and I bet Calvin will answer. Even before they got the new dyno and the extra help to answer emails and phones they were a good shop as far as dealing with them and contacting them.

Please don't talk down the other shops when asking about a different one. That just muddies the water and is not helpful in getting good information.

I have NEVER dealt with Al (Dynoflash) but I know people that have. Just like any tuner or any shop there are good and bad reviews.

I am 100% happy with Vishnu and I feel that good customers make for good vendors. I have had small problems that were quickly resolved. Bad harness changed on the spot at dyno day. Broken flange overnighted new one out to me in time for a track day!!!
Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

ohhh jeez. Hopefully this wont turn into a soap opra.

My question is, If all a person does is mail in and custom tunes and has access to a dyno whenever deemed necessary. What is the point of having a large glorious shop, especially with the prices of business space these days. I guess it is just piece of mind for the customer to think that he is sending to a business address. Either way you will get the same service.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:18 AM

Dynoflash aka Al, I am glad you got finally out of the house into a "rent an office". Nonetheless, the tuners I am intimate with in Japan and the UK think your demeanor and business practices are a disgrace to the Evolution and tuning community in the US. Unfortunately this is not what I am seeking in a legitamite tuner and will continue seeking others possibly like a Vishnu if they have a ground floor facility where Evos are constantly being worked on and driven in and out. Understanding vehicle dynamics is much more than sitting in a 3rd floor office and chatting on the forums all day.

Last edited by ThrottleUp; Sep 27, 2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

What if AL and Robi work out of their bedrooms??? Does that mean that they are less capable at doing what they do? I don't think so. My EVO is still stock, but from the many satisfied customers that each one has, to me it is irrelevant if they based their business on their bedroom or on an office space where they have to pay $50K a month for rent. The remarks made were just absurd!!!
Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Vishnu is 100% legit. I was not tuned at their facility but I have been tuned by Shiv. Two of my best friends were also tuned by him as well. I know they are in the process of moving as well. In my opinion Shiv is one of the top Evo tuners among many others. You can rest assured that you will make good gains with him tuning your car. On a dyno dynamics i went from 226 hp to 270..with only a flash. Car runs perfect and makes evo VIII owners hate me... You cant go wrong with Vishnu for a IX.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

no Vishnu is not legit. He doesnt even exist. There is just a Vishnu section on this site for a make-believe supernatural entity. In fact my friend's evo was tuned by Vishnu (XEDE). But maybe he really wasnt and just thinks he is?

you cant be serious about this thread right?
Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

well, if your just out to bash these "sh*tty american tuners"

good luck with that
Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone else think there should be some sort of punctuation that expresses sarcasm? I do. Then, it'd be completely obvious that sarcasm is being spoken. I'm just thinking...that's all. Not being any help at all.

Vishnu is legit, and so it Dynoflash. Done.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ibanez_926
well, if your just out to bash these "sh*tty american tuners"

good luck with that
+1
Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you talking about a shop that does installs or a tuner? Those are 2 completely different things. I personally have learned that just because a shop looks extravagant and professional does not mean they know jack about cars. Word of mouth and first hand experiences are what I go with.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ThrottleUp
[FONT=Courier New]I am ready to begin careful upgrades for my Evo 9 now that I have broken her in. I tried to visit the address listed on the Vishnu website this afternoon to check out the facility but ended up at some residential houses in a rural neighborhood! .... Has anyone been to this Danville office? The best tuners in the world like Ruf for Porsche have absolutely magnificent facilities. If Vishnu are supposed "tuners" like Dynoflash and Robispec who work out of their bedroom I will be very disappointed and lose all respect.
You have somehow confused competence with architecture. Disabuse yourself of this notion.

I have nothing to say about Vishnu, having had no personal experience with him or his company. You can do a search and find out the general reputation of almost any vendor who has been working on Evos for more than a year.

I have plenty to say about Robispec and Robert Fuller, its owner. Robert is one of the most capable suspension tuners out there, backed up with his well documented driving skills, is extremely helpful, available by phone at almost any reasonable time of day, and is meticulous when working on your vehicle. He will also not sell you something that you don't need, which is a unusual quality in a vendor. I've been to his facility, which is a 30x50 (at least) shop that held 6 Evos when mine was there. Hardly working out of his "bedroom". This kind of comment is unwarranted, and untrue. Also beside the point.

If you want to find a "Ruf", buy a Porsche, and pay accordingly. If you want capable care for your Evo, look to the qualifications of the person with whom you are dealing, not whether he or she rents or owns a large facility. Any Mitsu dealership is bigger than Buschur or AMS. Where would you rather take your car?
Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vishnu Evo was also featured in Motor Trend, id say they are pretty legit

Plus, Vishnu is a hindu god! how much more legit can you get?!

Last edited by FiftyFive; Sep 27, 2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThrottleUp
Dynoflash aka Al, I am glad you got finally out of the house into a "rent an office". Nonetheless, the tuners I am intimate with in Japan and the UK think your demeanor and business practices are a disgrace to the Evolution and tuning community in the US. Unfortunately this is not what I am seeking in a legitamite tuner and will continue seeking others possibly like a Vishnu if they have a ground floor facility where Evos are constantly being worked on and driven in and out. Understanding vehicle dynamics is much more than sitting in a 3rd floor office and chatting on the forums all day.
You sound like your looking for a Dinan of the Evo world here in the US. Well, you wont find one here.

Plus, if you care about the well being of your wallet or car you would NEVER want to take your Evo to some "super-uber-Evo-garage" like the one your describing.

Terry S
Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:32 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by blindclown
Anyone else think there should be some sort of punctuation that expresses sarcasm?
There is such a thing -----> ;-)
Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

This has to be a trolljob.

No one can possibly be this stupid, can they?

Quick Reply: Is Vishnu legit?