Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cross Country?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa! lol Sorry that got completely misunderstood! Were getting a Uhaul as well and were towing with the Uhaul. Sorry ive been gone for a while, but EvoM get ghey for me around 11pm or so i just cant get on the site for some reason? Anyways... Thats the situation. Im in no way trying to tow a Jeep with my Evo As far as shipping the cars we've looked into that and were looking at around 1200+ per car. If anyone knows of some GOOD shippers that have rates around 500 per car cross country that would be better, but i helped my dad move from Texas to Reno and it cost around 1200 dollars in Uhaul fees and such. Thats another reason why we were towing/driving the cars.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:47 PM

I drove mine from Palmdale, CA to Colorado Springs and it was a blast. I was suprised with 26 mpg and no problems with the highway patrol. Of course, the long drive makes the lack of cruise control seem much more like a real problem. BTW, watch out for the tractor trailer treads in NV.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 01:57 AM

I put 2400 miles on my Evo in a week, driving to SoCal, then to the Grand Canyon, back to SoCal and finally back to Reno. No problems at all even with multiple 8-9 hour straight sessions. It was actually pretty fun.

Welcome to Reno! (In advance.)
Old Sep 28, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
No I thought I knew what you meant that you were towing with the moving truck right. Of course I wouldnt recomend this guy to tow anything with his EVO. You guys know me better than that. I knew what he meant. Hes gonna swithch between his and his girls car on and off the trailer. Easy guys easy
Old Sep 28, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the input and thanks for the welcome Majesty. I cant wait to get out there. I normally come out every winter to go snowboarding, but cant this winter. I look forward to meeting everyone once i get out there! Thank you again for everyones input and keep em coming if anyone has any more experiences!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

No one else with long distance/cross country adventures with their Evos?