Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

decent price ? help guys!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
decent price ? help guys!

alright my evo IX was stolen 4 days ago and i am already in the process of getting a new one. I have been shopping around and have left a deposit on a wicked white IX brand new with SSL at the price of $33,200 because this was the best deal i could find (this was the only wicked white ssl left in NY/tristate area and i couldnt find another blue one so i setteled for WW) I checked edmunds.com and that site predicted a price of $34,018. I was just wondering if i got a decent deal on the car. Thanks in advance. I dont think im getting a bad deal considering Im on the east coast but i just want to make sure. BTW if you shop in new york DO NOT but from koeppel mitsu in queens. All of their brand new cars have damage on them. They park them all with front bumpers overlapping others (including black MR SE's) cuz their lot is so over-packed with evos that are non-negotiable what-so-ever (even though they are damaged) and EVERY SINGLE one of them is left unlocked behind a barb wire fence (the site made me so mad to see) . They didnt even care. poor evos... that freakin sales manager seriously needs to be fired a.s.a.p
Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:33 PM

i guess it is a fair price for where you are at. i also paid more than most of others, since my place's living expense is kinda high with higher taxes!
well, just hope you will manage your monthly and insurance, maintenance, etc well below average people paying!
good luck
Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:37 PM

If this is 33,200 OTD, I think it is a great deal! Sorry to hear about the stolen EB, I love that color.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

I hate dealerships that dont care about cars. Some dealerships need to get shutdown, just like the one I went to to drive a IX...the guy said drive it like you stole it. I got on it a little bit, but nothing that bad. Kept it under 5500 RPM's and this is before I knew about the break in period. Oh yea the car had 1.8 miles on it when I drove it.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 06:28 PM

Haha Tyler, that wasn't as bad as the dealership I went to. When I went for a test drive, the tank was on empty, so we went to a gas station where he filled 87!!! After this he let me run it on the freeway, the hills, and all over the place. Overall good test drive, but poor car =/
Old Sep 29, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by edude
Haha Tyler, that wasn't as bad as the dealership I went to. When I went for a test drive, the tank was on empty, so we went to a gas station where he filled 87!!! After this he let me run it on the freeway, the hills, and all over the place. Overall good test drive, but poor car =/

Putting 87 in a car is like having sex with a fat chick, you just dont do it
Old Sep 29, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

pm kmxxxbadboy on here or evo-ny. He works for maywood mitsu in nj and might be able to help you.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

damn that f'ing sucks big time!!!! I would kill whoever did that to me those good for nothings sumbit****. I hope those cops find your car and the criminals and put them all in jail for a long, long time. Yeah i think you got a good deal for that car but try to play some hardball and see if u can get an even better deal on the car, you know .
Old Sep 30, 2006, 01:15 AM
Pocket Mo

You could get one from South Coast, Long Beach, or Victorville Mitsu in California click me! and then have it shipped to you (~$1200).