Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Shifting problem, need your guys' help.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:19 PM
TVA
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shifting problem, need your guys' help.

So I took my Evo to the strip for the first time last night and was quite dissappointed. The car runs great and around town when I'm shifting at ~3k rpms it seems to shift fine. Last night at the strip I was shifting at right around 7k and the car just didn't want to go from gear to gear. It would stop at the gate to 2nd when going 1-2, and feel really "mushy" until it finally went into gear, same story for 2-3 and 3-4. It would take literally close to a full second for each shift.

Now my question is, have any of you guys had this problem? Will a short shifter and bushings help solve this? Is there something I'm doing wrong? The only drivetrain mod to the car is an ACT clutch. Thanks in advance for your help guys.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get the bushings and if you want some short shifter, but really you should change your transmission fluid to either sunchromesh or bg or something similiar that will make it better
Old Sep 30, 2006, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
search under 'notchy tranny', 'tranny fluid', or anything similar. I found lots of info on various solutions.