Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What would it take to make 400whp/400wtq in EVO IX MR???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rnm
High flow cat

Thanks guys, I am from the south and a high flow cats are a curse word to us, we have no emission tests so they are pointless, race pipes all the way.

-Nate
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

How often does meth injection actually blow n engine?

How about if i only run the meth once a week?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

meht injection doesnt blow an engine. the failure of meth injection blows an engine.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:23 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

You could also wait until Buschur releases the 20g-9-lt in which it might be able to produce 400whp on pump gas. Thats what I'm waiting for to see if it really does that, but if it doesn't, I'll be going with meth as well.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
How often does meth injection actually blow n engine?

How about if i only run the meth once a week?

Meth is a 24/7 thing it is set to come on at a specifice boost pressure or MAF set voltage and then sprays into your throttle body to cool the Intake charge and cylinders increasing HP and airflow. It isn't like Nitous Oxide in that they can fry your engine. This actually prevents detonation however if your engine depends on it and the pump fails that is when issues arrise. I always tested mine prior to drag racing. When driving normal I turned the boost down to the same level that I felt save on pump gas and had the Meth kit still on which was very safe and kept my HP consistant in all weather conditions.

-Nate
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:36 PM
Account Disabled

"AZ EVO IX MR" made 337WHP and 368wtq on our MD using Sunoco 104 octane and a custom tune. He's going to do the Cosworth Cams next... we'll see what happens... hopefully he will get closer to 380WHP? He's going with a GT35r next, so i'm sure he will break 400whp with that...

His Mods: ATS Triple carbon, bnb downpipe, Perrin cat delete, greddy ti, ams licp, injen intake, turbo xs front mount, apexi avcr, warlbro 255 ecuflash: 337 hp 368 tq Mynes Mustang Dyno

Mike @ Mynes
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mwbmw
"AZ EVO IX MR" made 337WHP and 368wtq on our MD using Sunoco 104 octane and a custom tune. He's going to do the Cosworth Cams next... we'll see what happens... hopefully he will get closer to 380WHP? He's going with a GT35r next, so i'm sure he will break 400whp with that...

His Mods: ATS Triple carbon, bnb downpipe, Perrin cat delete, greddy ti, ams licp, injen intake, turbo xs front mount, apexi avcr, warlbro 255 ecuflash: 337 hp 368 tq Mynes Mustang Dyno

Mike @ Mynes
Nice, man I am happier every moment that I ended up with a IX...

-Nate
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
Meth is a 24/7 thing it is set to come on at a specifice boost pressure or MAF set voltage and then sprays into your throttle body to cool the Intake charge and cylinders increasing HP and airflow. It isn't like Nitous Oxide in that they can fry your engine. This actually prevents detonation however if your engine depends on it and the pump fails that is when issues arrise. I always tested mine prior to drag racing. When driving normal I turned the boost down to the same level that I felt save on pump gas and had the Meth kit still on which was very safe and kept my HP consistant in all weather conditions.

-Nate
basically wut i wanna do is have an electronic boost controller n have a really low boost setting for daily driving and a nice high boost setting for racing (and for the meth)..

would doing this be good?

i dont really want the meth spraying durring daily driving thou.. so i guess i shouldnt really floor it to work n **** right?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

blitz drop in filter, turbo back exaust of your chouce and budget, ats triple carbon- thats what i did and love it actually a good daily driver and awesome at the track, and a good race gas flash would get you around 350 on a mustange dyno.

You have to remember when you are asking for horsepower numbers it will vary from dyno to dyno.

There are several ix here in AZ running excellent with these mods and besides the clutch are not alot of money for the power you will get.

As for the 400 hp mark i would wait and see what other people are doing with the new cams that are coming out since there are no hard evidence of before and after dyno numbers.

Turbo trix, GSC, and now cosworth have cams for the IX but i think as of now you can only buy the tt cams.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Also that forge wastegate actuator is required while running meth??
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

i guess i should of read all of the post, but thanks mike. Ill just go with what mwbmw said
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

basically wut i wanna do is have an electronic boost controller n have a really low boost setting for daily driving and a nice high boost setting for racing (and for the meth)..

would doing this be good?

i dont really want the meth spraying durring daily driving thou.. so i guess i shouldnt really floor it to work n **** right?
That is exactly why I like the Blitz SBi-D boost controller it can save 4 or 5 different settings. I had it customized for every driving situation that I wanted. As for the meth it only comes on at whatever setting you put it at, but it is completly safe and actually cleans your engine everytime you step on it. It reduces carbon deposits in your cylinders and on you pistons thus keeping your engine young and healthy. Not to mention it is cheap as heck....

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Sep 30, 2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
That is exactly why I like the Blitz SBi-D boost controller it can save 4 or 5 different settings. I had it customized for every driving situation that I wanted. As for the meth it only comes on at whatever setting you put it at, but it is completly safe and actually cleans your engine everytime you step on it. It reduces carbon deposits in your cylinders and on you pistons thus keeping your engine young and healthy. Not to mention it is cheap as heck....

-Nate
Ah so it is actually somewhat good

damn man i like how you put everything

but is the forge wastegate actuator thing nessisary?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Ah so it is actually somewhat good

damn man i like how you put everything

but is the forge wastegate actuator thing nessisary?
Yes, because the OEM turbo actuator isn't as stable at the higher boost levels that will allow you to benifit from your methanol kit. I had issues with my old EVO for that very reason. Inspite of it I was still able to run what is in my Sig but it was very inconsistent even with the same 60fts and shifting points and techniques all of the time. My SBi-D would record the highest reached boost level during the run and I would see where the wastegate gave up, for such a small price don't let it be the weak link in the chain.

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Sep 30, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK people. No one should be running meth injection without a good wideband and preferably one with a warning system like the zeitronix. EGT, AFR and or BOOST can be programmed to set off an alarm, LED and trigger a boost cut feature if a failure of any kind takes place.

If you have $400 for a $400 meth system, then you don't have enough money to run meth. You need to put MONITORING equipment such as a wideband ahead of your quest to go fast. Because if something goes wrong, your car will not be fast sitting in your driveway with a rod through the side of the block if you put speed before CARE.

Quick Reply: What would it take to make 400whp/400wtq in EVO IX MR???