Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What would it take to make 400whp/400wtq in EVO IX MR???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good.. ill deff take your advice as you have experice with problems with out the part

Thanks alot!

Trust me u helped ALOT in my decision! lol
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
OK people. No one should be running meth injection without a good wideband and preferably one with a warning system like the zeitronix. EGT, AFR and or BOOST can be programmed to set off an alarm, LED and trigger a boost cut feature if a failure of any kind takes place.

If you have $400 for a $400 meth system, then you don't have enough money to run meth. You need to put MONITORING equipment such as a wideband ahead of your quest to go fast. Because if something goes wrong, your car will not be fast sitting in your driveway with a rod through the side of the block if you put speed before CARE.
where can i get a good wideband?

do u guys sell one?

pm link? =)

sorrys for all the trouble
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:10 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
where can i get a good wideband?

do u guys sell one?

pm link? =)

sorrys for all the trouble
http://ttp-engineering.com/catalog/p...350698e2c4d437
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

OK people. No one should be running meth injection without a good wideband and preferably one with a warning system like the zeitronix. EGT, AFR and or BOOST can be programmed to set off an alarm, LED and trigger a boost cut feature if a failure of any kind takes place.

If you have $400 for a $400 meth system, then you don't have enough money to run meth. You need to put MONITORING equipment such as a wideband ahead of your quest to go fast. Because if something goes wrong, your car will not be fast sitting in your driveway with a rod through the side of the block if you put speed before CARE.
100% with you and the kit I recommended has a fail safe that reverts back to a save embedded setting in the event of pump failure or pressure drop. I have had great experience with that particuliar brand and not used other brands therefore cannot offer the same advice on anything else. I appreciate your advice and will absolutely take it into consideration.

-Nate
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Where in central Florida are you located? Do you guys do dyno and street tunes and if so how much to tune my MR with the listed goals? I need you Zip, address and phone # to see about planning to get to you. Everyone else is too far away and I like what your MR is doing also. I also want to get my car up and ready before the winter months so as to get the best times out of her at the strip.

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Sep 30, 2006 at 11:34 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
It will take about 7 g's
My goal is to hit 400Whp/400Wtq and run low low 11.1-.5's at a little more than half of that #.

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Oct 1, 2006 at 01:16 AM.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nate, you already make right close to 400whp and are running 11.78. How do you expect to run 11.1 with the same power? I'm confused.

118mph traps = 390-400whp Dynojet

I think you've gone a little crazy in your expectations.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Nate, you already make right close to 400whp and are running 11.78. How do you expect to run 11.1 with the same power? I'm confused.

warr, i believe that was with his old Evo VIII, which he has since sold and now he has a IX to play with. all his questions refer to his newly bought IX. i think he talked about this in the original post.

man i seriously can't wait for good cams to come out for the IX and see what the IX is capable of achieving on pump gas and stock turbo...
Old Oct 1, 2006, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reflash
Race Gas or Mentahol
TBE
Ebay Housing
Drop in or BR Intake or HKS RS
BC
Boost Gauge
Cam-GSC will annouce soon
Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon

Warrtalon,

Hey man, although at times I agree that I might be going crazy I am not in this particuliar situation. I had to sell my VIII because I had orders to Afghanistan, but they were canceled recently and I was left without a car. I called around and found that people were asking way too much for their used EVO's, or at least more than I am willing to pay. I ended up with South Coast Mistu(They are awesome BTW and gave me an awesome deal on my MR). With South Coast Mitsu I bought a 2006 EVO IX MR SE. All of the questions that I have been asking are in reference to the IX.

BTW, I really don't think that my last EVO was making 390-400whp. I believe that EVO's with the awesome launches they are capable of running allows for Drag times outside of the normal HP to Weight ranges.

I had never Dyno'd my last EVO so I will never know the true HP.

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Oct 1, 2006 at 07:31 AM.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with warrtalon on this one, I just don't see 400whp as enough to hit low 11s, but with absolutely awesome driving, anything is possible. Still a 50 or 75 shot of Nitrous would do the trick in combination with your mods.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Actually with 400WHP, I could possibly believe a 11.3 or 11.4 E.T., but 11.1 would be tough.

Oops just noticed your talking about a MR, low 11s not going to happend with 400WHP.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
warr, i believe that was with his old Evo VIII, which he has since sold and now he has a IX to play with. all his questions refer to his newly bought IX. i think he talked about this in the original post.

man i seriously can't wait for good cams to come out for the IX and see what the IX is capable of achieving on pump gas and stock turbo...

Cams will be awesome!!!

-Nate
Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
I agree with warrtalon on this one, I just don't see 400whp as enough to hit low 11s, but with absolutely awesome driving, anything is possible. Still a 50 or 75 shot of Nitrous would do the trick in combination with your mods.
Thanks 3000ways and BTW thank you for taking care of the drag lists for our community.

I have always been one to try and beat expected results and if you look at the mods in my sig that my 2004 had you will see that I was pushing the envelope. The 2004 EVO had Stock Fuel Injectors/ Intercooler/ Turbo w/ 9.8 Hotside/ and much more the mods were it and BTW the 11.7 was made with meth and a mix of Pump and race gas, no more changes were made over the 12.0 run.

-Nate
Old Oct 1, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Actually with 400WHP, I could possibly believe a 11.3 or 11.4 E.T., but 11.1 would be tough.

Oops just noticed your talking about a MR, low 11s not going to happend with 400WHP.
Is this due too the 6 speed? I have lots of experience with the 5 speed and none with the 6 speed.

This is why I posted, to get all of the invaluable inputs.

Thanks,

-Nate

Quick Reply: What would it take to make 400whp/400wtq in EVO IX MR???