Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

50/50 DV and meth

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
50/50 DV and meth

question, for all the 50/50 recirc/vta diverter valves (turbosmart, aps, gfb, etc) that vta at full throttle, is there a danger of venting methanol to the engine bay?

reason im asking is that i have meth and the forge rs dv completely recirculated, and i want to swap it out because the flutter/compressor surge is driving me nuts.

Everyone seems to love the APS, and have few driveability problems, and it can hold the 28 psi im running (i could care less about the sound, i want performance and boost holding ability)...

fyi, my meth is tapped on my uicp BEFORE the blowoff valve...so would it vent meth into my engine bay?

Last edited by saiyanzzrage; Oct 2, 2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Yes... But only if you were at your Methanol Injection start-boost level before you released the accelerator.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

so in other words, if i were at wot spraying and i let off the gas to shift, etc, the meth would get vented...thats what i thought, thanks for the reply

guess ill go back to the stock metal mr valve even though it leaks at 25 - 26 psi...the driveability is well worth it
Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Nevermind.